Is there a 3rd party app that works like ground station

Reaction score
but doesn't have the ridiculous 5 mile lock out around class b airports? I live two miles away from a "class B" airport that has a handful of landings a day. 5 miles is a LONG ways, especially if I'm 4 miles from the airport and want to do a couple ground station flights @150'. There is a huge lake right next to the airport, and I've called the tower and they have given me permission to fly under 200' right next to the airport, so they would certainly not care if I'm flying at 150' 2 miles away.

This over regulation BS is annoying..

eurostylin said:
but doesn't have the ridiculous 5 mile lock out around class b airports? I live two miles away from a "class B" airport that has a handful of landings a day. 5 miles is a LONG ways, especially if I'm 4 miles from the airport and want to do a couple ground station flights @150'. There is a huge lake right next to the airport, and I've called the tower and they have given me permission to fly under 200' right next to the airport, so they would certainly not care if I'm flying at 150' 2 miles away.

The lock out is built into the phantom, not the app, so you can't fly in no-fly zones unless you put a foil hat on your bird before acquiring sat lock.

bbfpv said:
eurostylin said:

The lock out is built into the phantom, not the app, so you can't fly in no-fly zones unless you put a foil hat on your bird before acquiring sat lock.

I can fly without issue all around town, unless I'm extremely close to the airport which makes me think this is a ground station fault. in fact, when I'm looking at ground station I have the 5 mile radius circle overlapped on the map. I know exactly where the border is, and I can walk 50' outside the 5 mile radius and ground station works perfect.

seems odd. check w/ ilovecoffee or kenargo, they'd be the ones that would know whether there are no-fly zones coded into GS. I highly doubt it though because DJI would have to change the app as well as the firmware each time a no-fly zone changed if it were hard coded in the app itself. ask those 2 and report back, I'm curious.

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
shimuafeni fredrik