is the wireless open to everyone?

Reaction score
I am new and don't have my Phantom 2 Vision+ yet so i just been watching videos.

But is the wireless open on the Phantom 2 Vision+ so that any one with the dji app can jump on the wifi ?

I think it's a secure link since you have to have the WiFi set up for the Phantom and do the "Connect" before you can fly. It's not the same as FREE WiFi at McDonalds....! If anyone with a SmartPhone could hack into the controls, that could make for some interesting conflicts...!

Keep in mind though that the actual flight controls of the Phantom itself are all coming from the 2 stick controller. The WiFi link is only for the FPV...(First Person Video) and the views of the telemetry data...height, speed, altitude, GPS status and that 'birds-eye' view on your iDevice..!

I'm still waiting for my first DJI Phantom 2 Vision + so I have not used any DJI quads yet. I would like to know the same.

#1 is it open(I'm guessing yes)
#2 can multiple devices connect?

It would be cool to be able to connect and watch the video of someones phantom, however at the same time it would kill the bandwidth of the wifi and shorten the distance it could travel. Also while the DJI Vision app only lets you view the live feed or change the cameras position, the iPad app does allow you to set and start an autonomous flight pattern now. I think the manual controller is able to take back controls or stop the autonomous flight however I would not like to see my drone just start flying away from my control.

I'm guessing that they limit the wifi connection to only one device. (I Hope)

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hirehackers