is the usb cable that connects rc to phone/tablet the same I'd use for firmware updates to my P3 pro?

Reaction score
Hey all-so the GO app says I need to update camera and firmware on my P3 Pro, but I have to do it by uploading a .bin file onto the microsd card onboard the craft. can't just update within the app itself. I tried using the cord that connects my phone to the rc, but it doesn't seem to fit the microsd slot on the bird. Anyone else have this issue? guess I need to buy the correct cord somewhere? thanks. drone flies just fine without the update, btw, but I'd like to update anyway..

can't just update within the app itself.
No. The app only updates the RC on the P3's. AC firmware is done via the SD card only. And updates are always optional.

Reactions: Oso
I tried using the cord that connects my phone to the rc, but it doesn't seem to fit the microsd slot on the bird.
Am I reading this correctly? You are trying to put a cable into the microSD slot of your P3?

Am I reading this correctly? You are trying to put a cable into the microSD slot of your P3?
I noticed that as well. But knew what he meant to say........:p:p

Reactions: Oso and SeanCC
That's a relief!
After the loose motor due to removing the screws thread, anything could be possible. ;):p

Reactions: SeanCC
Hey all-so the GO app says I need to update camera and firmware on my P3 Pro, but I have to do it by uploading a .bin file onto the microsd card onboard the craft. can't just update within the app itself. I tried using the cord that connects my phone to the rc, but it doesn't seem to fit the microsd slot on the bird. Anyone else have this issue? guess I need to buy the correct cord somewhere? thanks. drone flies just fine without the update, btw, but I'd like to update anyway..
The RC will update itself thru the Dji go app. You can connect a USB cable to the gimbal as you mentioned and copy the.bin file to sd card in the gimbal or remove the sd card and insert it into a microsd card reader and transfer the file that way which is the usual way.

drone flies just fine without the update, btw, but I'd like to update anyway..

After reading all the stories that begin with 'my drone flew just fine before the FW update but now it's screwed up', I've been ignoring an update notice for over a year now. And will continue to do so.

As for the cable, what phone do you use?

After reading all the stories that begin with 'my drone flew just fine before the FW update but now it's screwed up', I've been ignoring an update notice for over a year now. And will continue to do so.

As for the cable, what phone do you use?
iPhone SE. and yeah, I’ve read many a post myself about updates screwing up a drone also. I’ll consider that before updating now, thanks.

iPhone SE.

Right, I should have remembered that from the motor screws thread.

You have the wrong cable, has to be a micro USB cable to plug the bird into a computer... But if/when you ever do decide to do a firmware update, just take the SD card out, put it in an adapter, and put that directly in your computer to copy the bin file to it.

Last edited:

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jakob08z