Is the UAVBit P3P Helipad worth it?

Reaction score
Does the UAVBIT landing pad protect the quadcopter?

It says it prevents ground effect and flipping; so does it make landing easier for a beginner?

Alternatives would be concrete or grass

I was saving for a third battery, but this could take priority if more advanced quadcopter users think it's worth it.

Be creative, crafty even...
If you sit down with a sharp pencil and a clean sheet of paper,
Sketch yourself out a simple plan, with a basic material list. . .

Plenty of guys here, have already ingeniously or otherwise created some pretty crafty RC heli landing pads.
Do a simple image search on Yahoo. And see some of the professional looking home made masterpieces. ;-)
I may carve myself one, out of heavy harness leather, I have a half of a tanned cow hide here.
Not unlike these.
Landing Pad

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

RedHotPoker

Last edited:
Be creative, crafty even...
If you sit down with a sharp pencil and a clean sheet of paper,
Sketch yourself out a simple plan, with a basic material list. . .

Plenty of guys here, have already ingeniously or otherwise created some pretty crafty RC heli landing pads.
Do a simple image search on Yahoo. And see some of the professional looking home made masterpieces. ;-)
I may carve myself one, out of heavy harness leather, I have a half of a tanned cow hide here.
Not unlike these.
Landing Pad

View attachment 31852

View attachment 31853

RedHotPoker

RHP you're an awesome asset to the site, yaknow?

That leather landing pad is AWESOME! :eek:

I am probably going to order the strong arms. Even though it's sort of controversial whether they protect it against anything...

Any input on that? :)

Reactions: dirkclod
Personally, I prefer to just hover the Phantom at about 4 feet and grab the feet, then power down. Take-off, however, is a different story - I could see a launch pad being useful.

The strong arms may make that part of the arms a bit less prone to twist, but are still a bandaid solution at best. If anything, they help camouflage the cracks if their there already, but I have no cracks in my Phantom 3 Pro' under arms. ;-)
I refrain from putting anything on my Phantom bird that @dji didn't include in my kit. YMMV. I wouldn't recommend something I don't find helpful or beneficial to my flight. Besides if the shell cracks, @dji have offered to replace them. Only a short 6-8wk turnaround down time. Hehe

RedHotPoker

Yup, those are proportioned for Micro heli's. ;-)

I suppose, They need Love too. Hahaha

RedHotPoker

Last edited:
RHP you're an awesome asset to the site, yaknow?

That leather landing pad is AWESOME! :eek:

I am probably going to order the strong arms. Even though it's sort of controversial whether they protect it against anything...

Any input on that? :)

Wait on the strong arms. I just saw last night they are releasing a better, stronger version soon.

Does the UAVBIT landing pad protect the quadcopter?

It says it prevents ground effect and flipping; so does it make landing easier for a beginner?

Alternatives would be concrete or grass

I was saving for a third battery, but this could take priority if more advanced quadcopter users think it's worth it.
I went to Home Depot picked up a precut 2'x2' 1/8" plywood square for $4.50. Works like a charm. Why spend $$$ when that's all I'll ever need.

Reactions: bobmyers
I saw someone on here was using a tri-fold game board. Something like Monopoly. Might have to dig through some old boxes to see if I can find one. Would fit nicely into a case or backpack too.

Reactions: Bigdz
Waste is one thing, waist is something completely different.
Unless of course you were in Margaritaville at the time, and ate it.
Then they both are correct.
Considering the circumference of your circumstances. ;-)
image.png

Where do you see yourself!?

RedHoPoker

Reactions: acherman
Save your money and DIY a bit of ply or other material. The money you save, go and buy some accessories for your bird.

Agree - flat grass is good to land on or one handed catch (your see a million threads about that but its easy to do. If you go with the chipboard option put a cross on it as the VPS picks up on it
To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

Reactions: lotusteve
I'm with RHP on not adding anything that doesn't show a direct and proven benefit. Every ounce of weight you add counts against you and if it changes the airflow in any way it can also go against you. Now if they stopped the "Shell Cracking" that would be a whole other issue but since it's not proven I'd spend my money else where and keep a close eye on all (4) mounting locations.

lol I got two small wooden boards from an old dvd shelf that was getting turfed in the bin they work great for take off and small enough to fit in the backpack and I always hand catch on return ;) simplessss compair the marky.com

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hirehackers