Is the Phantom 4 Pro lens fixable? Help!

Reaction score
Help! It was my 3rd time flying my new awesome P4 Pro+ and the speed came in a little fast and the sensors didn't stop the drone in time. It hit my front door breaking a piece of glass on the door and the drone. I know the rest of the drone is fixable but what about the camera? The gimbal looks like it's about to fall off and the camera is shattered, I'm not sure about the 3 axis movement. Is such damage fixable?

Help! It was my 3rd time flying my new awesome P4 Pro+ and the speed came in a little fast and the sensors didn't stop the drone in time. It hit my front door breaking a piece of glass on the door and the drone. I know the rest of the drone is fixable but what about the camera? The gimbal looks like it's about to fall off and the camera is shattered, I'm not sure about the 3 axis movement. Is such damage fixable?

This is going to cost you! I'd guess you will need to send it back to them so they can REPLACE the camera and gimbal and fix whatever else is broken. Counting on the sensors to stop in time will almost certainly cost you in the ballpark of five bills. Is it possible you figured you could go balls to the walls (or door) and the sensors would save you at the last second.

Brian

Hello Brian, It was by accident, I believe I lost control while flying it back because I had my signal sticks down and also I was under a small covered area near my front door. The sensors should have picked it up but I guess if signal is lost everything just shuts down. I was going at roughly 20,25-30 kph so slow enough for the sensors to stop it. It could have also been with the glass messing up the sensors. I'm getting it fixed today and I'm pretty sure the lens pops right off so I could just buy a new lens and get the gimbal back in place and get my LED and sensor cover back and up and I should be fine.

Jacky

Good luck. I had a similar experience with a previous P4 and even a gimbal replacement (300) didn't fix it. There was permanent damage to the compass on the motherboard which couldn't be fixed with a landing gear replacement.

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Pauos31