Is the P4's advertised $1399 an introductory price ?

Reaction score
Will it be going up ? I would like to get one.. I am in no rush.. But if I can save a few hundred by getting one now as opposed to a few months from now.. I just might take the plunge...
Your wisdom is appreciated :)

(currently own p3a)

There was no talk of the price increasing. I doubt they will increase it since they never increased the price of the P3P after it was launched.

Reactions: beakeru2
There was no talk of the price increasing. I doubt they will increase it since they never increased the price of the P3P after it was launched.

Thanks.. that was pretty much what I was thinking.. But I couldn't remember if they came out with an "introductory" price for the P3P...
I guess I will wait and make some more room on the credit card :)

I don't think so as the DJI site doesn't say "introductory" or anything like that. However, I have a Phantom 3 and was joking on the DJI forum about getting used P4 cheap when they come out with the Pro and one of the DJI folks posted, I should buy a P4 now while its at the price it is. Kinda implied it was going to change. Personally, I don't believe it.. but.....

Yea it's going to change it'll drop when another model comes out . Just like GoPro when the 4 came out they got a rush of people for $500 few months later it dropped $400

Phantom 4
USD $1,399.00
FREE SHIPPING
  • Avoid obstacles automatically.
  • Track moving subjects automatically using ActiveTrack.
  • TapFly lets you fly with a tap of the finger.
  • Smart Return Home allows the Phantom to avoid obstacles as it returns home.
  • 28 minute maximum flight time, maximum control range of 3.1mi (5km).
  • Maximum speed of 44mph (72kmh).
  • Integrated gimbal for greater camera stability and smoother footage.
  • Optimized Vision Positioning System raises positioning altitude up to 10 meters.
  • Phantom Comparison >
Official launch, limited offer.

I think the free shipping is the "limited offer". I don't think DJI normally offers free shipping. I'm I wrong? They also didn't charge me sales tax here in California, which is odd, because they have a facility here. Legally they're supposed to charge sales tax. I saw indication that US orders were being shipped from their Calif warehouse. Maybe the free sales tax is part of the "limited offer" too, however they don't advertise that, and you don't realize it until you check out.

DJI's "Spring sale" started today, 10-13% discounts on Osmo and Inspire. Could this mean Inspire 2 is around the corner? I heard there was a Rev 2 Osmo coming out that fixed the noisy fan problem with the mic. so it appears they may be trying to get rid of inventory for new releases. Oh boy....

DJI always offers free shipping for purchases over $150.

If you look at the comparison between the p3p and the 4, it's not that much of a difference except the following if I am wrong:

Avoidance*Big difference
Battery: 5-6 min difference
faster:
Follow and track: cool for those of you who are into sports and stuff.

Definitely will upgrade maybe in the summer or something. Hopeful price does not go up. I have only had mine since December and got it from Best Buy with an extra battery and a hard case backpack for $1,044 so i don't feel so bad.

There are many differences between the P3 and P4. Check out the complete list here.

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
adrie