Is the P3P too fast a bird for good controlled 4k filming?

Plus 1 for Litchi.
Turn on GPS on your device and use FOCUS mode.
FOCUS mode allows the P3 to keep the camera on the subject no matter the orientation. FOCUS mode does really nice and smooth fly-bys.

If you want to follow another person, get a second smartphone with gps.
Use Litchi leash (need 3G/4G to handshake with the smart phone connected to your controller).
Set Litchi to FOCUS mode to track the second smartphone.

Ok yeah Litchi looks pretty cool and I just remembered I have a bunch of Google play credits. Are there any good tutorial videos showing off all the features and explaining how to get the most out of the app?

Ok yeah Litchi looks pretty cool and I just remembered I have a bunch of Google play credits. Are there any good tutorial videos showing off all the features and explaining how to get the most out of the app?

Go to Youtube.com and search for: Litchi Tutorial

There are a lot of videos, seeing it in action convinced me.

Go to Facebook, search for Phantom Filmschool, join that closed group and you'll get more specific feedback regarding the Litchi app than you'll ever need. And you'll get a discount to an excellent two part Udemy course on how exactly to exploit the power of the app, and much more including various elements of drone videography, utilizing filters, etc.

People have their preferences for flight apps. Mine is litchi. I have a number of of videos in my playlist below demonstrating waypoint missions set to 8.5 speed, thereabouts. That's the best way to get the best shots consistently. You can also fly manually with finesse. It can be done,but there's nothing like programming your vision and then letting autonomous flight take it from there.

I have Litchi.. I just keep forgetting to use it: I get to the shoot site and fly manually.
I need to go and practise.

Go into the Gain and Expo settings
Don't touch the Gain settings but adjust the Expo to adjust the sensitivity of your joysticks to give you fine controll close to the centre of their movement.
Experiment a little to find a setting that works for you.
i-ZNgPbZp-L.png

I've toned down my expo settings but when I flew this weekend it still looked a bit aggressive. It may have been the wind, but I've flown in windy conditions in the past and it didn't look this bad:

I find dji way behind in tx imp. Wev been using triple rates on our radios for years. Dji didnt model just about anything after the rc equip that is used. IMAC pilots fly incredible and the imp of aircraft controll is partly why. Too bad. Automation is handy but thats not an excuse for poorly thot out transmitter logistics.

The GO app has Intelligent Flight Modes and using the Point of Interest option has a speed adjust feature. Easy to use as well.

The go app can do some good things, yes. This is a litchi mission I flew yesterday. It's a nice example of speed and movement programmed for autonomous flight.

Hmm, plates. In the video you say you dress them down to 47.5mm but the micrometer shows 45mm. Which is right?
Other than not allowing an obstacle-avoiding panic movement they seem like a pretty darned good idea.

4.7.5 mm seems like that to me in the video. Try them at that first, if they are on the big side they will
push out if a panicky moment occurs, and allow full stick movement. Also I put the little screws on as handles to get them out quickly.
The center hole I used 8mm 10mm and 12.5mm but drill it dead centre.

Reactions: Fly Mark Fly

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cokersean20