Is the P3 more sensitive to interference than P2?

Reaction score
I tried out my shiny new P3S for the first time today, at my work. Previously I flew my P2V from the same location without any connection issues.

But with the P3S, I found that the aircraft won't connect to the Go app when I'm sat in the office. Even just outside the office where I always take off from, the P3 wouldn't connect until I moved about 12-15 feet away from the building. It was definitely some kind of interference thing because, as soon as I moved away from the building, it'd connect. Walk a couple of feet back towards the building and it'd disconnect again.

Never had this problem with the P2, so I'm curious - is the P3 more susceptible to interference of this type, or have I got a duff one? Once it was off and flying (away from the building) it behaved perfectly.

thanks

I'm curious too. I flew real quick yesterday in town just straight up a couple hundred feet and I got a yellow warning on the app about being cautious in long distance because of strong interference? Kinda strange. I've never heard mention of that warning. I was flying in the same open spot by a high school that I flew my P1 at a lot.

It seems to me other wifi networks on the 2.4ghz bands will interfere. I'm not sure but looking over the antennas of the p3s they really should be better and I do not believe you get full channels with the stock setup on the radio side. I've wanted to see if the wifi channel mod helps it

When I fly away from homes like in a park I get full range of at least 1000 meters

I returned mine for a refund in the end, so will be interested to see if the replacement behaves the same way.

I returned mine for a refund in the end, so will be interested to see if the replacement behaves the same way.

Keep us updated

Sent from my iPhone using PhantomPilots mobile app

Yep, will do. It may be a few days before the replacement arrives and I get a chance to test it, but will post back with results.

Well I got the replacement today, and it does seem to behave the same as the previous one at my workplace, so I guess it's just the way these P3S's are.

Had another interesting moment after upgrading the firmware on this new one too. After rebooting the aircraft I was getting a continuous 'RC Signal lost' error. Fortunately a quick Google search and relinking the controller seems to have fixed it.

Will test out the range tomorrow anyway, weather permitting.

Well I got the replacement today, and it does seem to behave the same as the previous one at my workplace, so I guess it's just the way these P3S's are.

Had another interesting moment after upgrading the firmware on this new one too. After rebooting the aircraft I was getting a continuous 'RC Signal lost' error. Fortunately a quick Google search and relinking the controller seems to have fixed it.

Will test out the range tomorrow anyway, weather permitting.

What phone or tablet are you using and OS version?

I have an iPhone 5S running iOS9 (jailbroken).

I'm curious too. I flew real quick yesterday in town just straight up a couple hundred feet and I got a yellow warning on the app about being cautious in long distance because of strong interference? Kinda strange. I've never heard mention of that warning. I was flying in the same open spot by a high school that I flew my P1 at a lot.

P1 and P3a use difference radio ranges so Cant directly compare them.

When I flew my P2vision plus from home I would shut off my router so I wasn't fighting that signal 20 feet behind me!

good luck and have fun flying!

Reactions: GodFear17
Before I got my iPhone 6s plus, I ran it on a iPhone 6 and it ran great, perhaps something going on with the "jailbroken" aspect?

As a last ditch effort, reboot the phone, then put it in airplane mode, turn on wifi and connect to the bird and see if that gives you a better connection. Make sure you have at least 1GB free space on the phone...

Make sure the local recording is turned off... See how it does

P1 and P3a use difference radio ranges so Cant directly compare them.

When I flew my P2vision plus from home I would shut off my router so I wasn't fighting that signal 20 feet behind me!

good luck and have fun flying!

I've been messing with the TX power settings on my router trying to find that sweet spot where it gives good wifi in my office, but doesn't go though the outside walls. :)

Well the replacement P3S seems to be exactly the same as the first one, so I guess it's just how they are. To be honest I'm not surprised it picks up interference at my workplace, as it's a pretty large building with a lot of electrical stuff inside it. But it's just weird that my old P2V never had problems here.

Maybe the internal WiFi extender in the P3S controller just doesn't work as well :-/

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Fimaj