****... Is the P3 a flawless machine?

Yes, yes it's true. I really do Love this Phantom 3 Pro'. It has been a sweet sky-ride from day one. I had an incident earlier tonight, where I thought it had gotten away from me. And the battery was getting close to 50% too. Time to bring her back. I took my eyes off of LOS only for a moment to check my battery level, and I had lost her. But cooler heads prevailed, and I switched from camera view to map and could easily see my direction of travel and how far it had gone. I simply reversed my direction of travel and brought her home. What a great way to spend an evening. These smart incredibly intuitive Phantoms are so awesome.
I Love Her even more now.

RedHotPoker

Reactions: rickeyfitts
I have 2 P3p and both have been flawless. The green on the blades was all my fault. No harm done. Love them. I don't baby them.
All updated software and flying great.
I'm a retired photographer and this is the best photo tool at great price I've seen.
Every lens I had cost more than this thing. A bargain and so much fun.

Coming from the Nikon camera realm, I can attest to your claim of expensive glass. My last purchase for my D800 was the new Nikkor 80-400mm.
I wish to have more Nikkor lenses eventually, but for now, the Phantom 3 Pro' will suffice. ;-)
And she's fun to fly...

RedHotPoker

Yes but you could do stunts with the touch of a button WOW[emoji15]Gosh really? Glad I got rid of that thing. Like a flying [emoji372]
:D

So Far for me P3P is perfect, only thing is is missing Waypoint Flight and
We're still waiting for the follow me option though, but I don't consider that an "issue".

Exactly what I'm waiting for, but as I said, this isn't a vital problem that has to be solved now, just a future option that'll come out soon.

Coming from the Nikon camera realm, I can attest to your claim of expensive glass. My last purchase for my D800 was the new Nikkor 80-400mm.
I wish to have more Nikkor lenses eventually, but for now, the Phantom 3 Pro' will suffice. ;-)
And she's fun to fly...

RedHotPoker
You're just like me :)

Good? Certainly. Great? Perhaps. Flawless? Nope.

I have had no problems with my P3P that weren't my fault with the exception of the Android Pilot app crashing. Sometimes crashing at the most inopportune time. Luckily the fail safe brought my bird home in one piece.
If your phone is crashing, it's the fault of your phone. It's using up all the RAM, and that's what's causing the crash. My phone works just fine if I clear all the caches first.

If your phone is crashing, it's the fault of your phone. It's using up all the RAM, and that's what's causing the crash. My phone works just fine if I clear all the caches first.
You're right. As I said, he can thank android for their hardware stability. This isn't DJI's fault. :)

I think the p3 is wonderful but it's not perfect nor the ultimate Drone. People are having cracks and falling out of the sky..

But to my point... It's not perfect without obstacle avoidance and water proof and follow me of course (without tx)

Yup, I'm thinking about the camera right now, and remembering that the lens is just perfect, no chromatic aberrations, low distortion for a 20mm lens (on 35mm FF equivalent).. No "haze" or ghosting.

If I look so fanatic, it's simply cause I started with a f*cking Parrot Bebop :D Worst 500-1000 dollar-range drone ever created.

On my second flight I ended up spending over an hour picking strange fruit from the bebop tree.

It's a horrible, tacky product that really isn't fit for public consumption. I chose an area devoid of obstacles & it literally flew away over my head. I received a full refund.

On my second flight I ended up spending over an hour picking strange fruit from the bebop tree.

It's a horrible, tacky product that really isn't fit for public consumption. I chose an area devoid of obstacles & it literally flew away over my head. I received a full refund.

Holy **** :D Didn't see the bebop at first glance :D Memories ... Well, bad memories :D

So Far for me P3P is perfect, only thing is is missing Waypoint Flight and
We're still waiting for the follow me option though, but I don't consider that an "issue".

I updated my drone to the latest firmware - even before the first flight! - never had any problems for two weeks. a Week ago I updated to the latest SDK firmware that allows for waypoint flights. This is stll in 'Alpha' - but it works fine.
Never had one issue with my P3Pro - love it!

I'm just glad that my P3Pro puked with the firmware "update" when it did...

I had a class of 23 law enforcement and firefighting officers scheduled for the next week and I had planned to show it to them as a low(er)-budget option for accident reconstruction photography and search/rescue teams. The firmware fiasco took the P3 off of the table.

I would have REALLY been embarrassed if those officers had all gone out and requested grants to buy the P3 and then had it crash on them. They all would have been calling ME with the screw-ups.

Some horizon issues with nose in/nose out images not being dead level. Other than that i'm thinking of marrying mine :)

That's misinformation. It's all the app's fault. Enough with the Apple fan boy nonsense
Hey mate, I'm no Apple fanboy, who knows If I use a Windows phone... Sorry but no crashes are reported with Apple device while I have folks who complain about their Samsungs..

Reactions: Jbundy63
As soon as DJI makes a 25x Optical zoom lens camera, THEN it'll be flawless. ;)
I was thinking about that too, even a 10x zoom would be simply amazing. It would be so exciting :D Ennemy spy drone spotted!

Some horizon issues with nose in/nose out images not being dead level. Other than that i'm thinking of marrying mine :)

I don't understand why people complain about the titled horizon. It can be fixed at anytime in the advanced settings of the gimbal..

I'm just glad that my P3Pro puked with the firmware "update" when it did...

I had a class of 23 law enforcement and firefighting officers scheduled for the next week and I had planned to show it to them as a low(er)-budget option for accident reconstruction photography and search/rescue teams. The firmware fiasco took the P3 off of the table.

I would have REALLY been embarrassed if those officers had all gone out and requested grants to buy the P3 and then had it crash on them. They all would have been calling ME with the screw-ups.
You have posted this before. Do you believe that every P3 will fail like yours? There are plenty in this thread that have perfectly fine aircraft. I still recommend the P3 to anyone that asks.

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Fimaj