****... Is the P3 a flawless machine?

Good? Certainly. Great? Perhaps. Flawless? Nope.

I have had no problems with my P3P that weren't my fault with the exception of the Android Pilot app crashing. Sometimes crashing at the most inopportune time. Luckily the fail safe brought my bird home in one piece.

You can say thanks to android :)

Haha :) Remember that battey life? :D That ridiculous range? Hard to believe, but It was not even usable with my iPhone 5S with FPV. It was dropping down to 1 FPS when I was hitting the record button. At around 40 feet, I was losing connection :)
OMG No doubt, a whopping 8 minute flight [emoji33] Ha 40 feet, lose signal, **** App shuts down. The first time it did I was like Oh S*** it hovered for like a minute and come hauling A** back and I'm like crap it's going to run into something LOL YES the P3P is definitely no comparison, hands down!

How many P3 flights have you guys had that think it's "flawless"? I'm extremely happy too though I've only gone on 6 flights so far (with no issues whatsoever)
I've flown over a 100 miles in under a month with a 3rd battery on the way. I haven't see anything irregular other than the horizon tilt/gimbal overload. I couldn't say the same for my P2s that I own/ed

It can be better however, as obstacle avoidance will be the next big feature. Hopefully in the next Inspire?

OMG No doubt, a whopping 8 minute flight
emoji33.png
Ha 40 feet, lose signal, **** App shuts down. The first time it did I was like Oh S*** it hovered for like a minute and come hauling A** back and I'm like crap it's going to run into something LOL YES the P3P is definitely no comparison, hands down!
Oh yes app shutdown :D Often the drone was going crazy by itself, it was simply uncontrollable :) Even more amazing, once I was flying near a neighboor's garden, but I was still above mine, at 4% battery. I was ready to land it, but right before I started to fly it down, it suiclu accelerated towards the neighboor's garden... And landed there. By itself. God...

Well, since all **** that happened to me with this "drone", I finally realized it was just a toy... A 1000 dollar toy yes. What a scam. Especially the 500$ skycontroller. Ridiculous.

Comparing the DJI which is not a toy but a real aerial videography tool with a vulgar bebop is like comparing an iPhone 6 and a Nokia 6110. So the comparison itself is ridiculous :D

Reactions: Jbundy63
I've flown over a 100 miles in under a month with a 3rd battery on the way. I haven't see anything irregular other than the horizon tilt/gimbal overload. I couldn't say the same for my P2s that I own/ed

It can be better however, as obstacle avoidance will be the next big feature. Hopefully in the next Inspire?

Titled horizon can be fixed bro.

LMAO Skycontroller $500 I know I'm think **** that's as much as the drone made out of styrofoam LOL [emoji38][emoji38][emoji38][emoji38]

LMAO Skycontroller $500 I know I'm think **** that's as much as the drone made out of styrofoam LOL [emoji38][emoji38][emoji38][emoji38]
[MOD EDIT] This drone is simply ridiculous. Not surprised if they don't sell any.

Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions: Jbundy63
...and the battey! Remember how you were supposed to attach it to the drone? :D :D

ah, I remember a few weeks ago when my P3Pro was flawless...and then a firmware "update" turned it into a toad.

The good old days...

ah, I remember a few weeks ago when my P3Pro was flawless...and then a firmware "update" turned it into a toad.

The good old days...
Man that just plan sucks! I wish DJI would get all that crap straighten out for the ones with problems

Mine has been flawless for 52 flights, 7 hrs 28 mins in the air, and over 101 km. still running the same firmware it came with. Never found a reason to attempt an upgrade. I had 4 batteries, but my own stupid error got one wet and now it won't play nice. But I was still able to cycle 3 batts for 5 flights while traveling today. I love this thing.

Velcro **** what a great idea[emoji15]
:D :D

And their firmware never updating .. Letting users with a totally wrecked drone for months.. :D Apparently the latest version of the bebop that came out a few weeks ago made things even worse.. :D

The good old days...
Reason why I stick to the old version. Courage bro, a new Version will fix everything :)

Mine has been flawless for 52 flights, 7 hrs 28 mins in the air, and over 101 km. still running the same firmware it came with. Never found a reason to attempt an upgrade. I had 4 batteries, but my own stupid error got one wet and now it won't play nice. But I was still able to cycle 3 batts for 5 flights while traveling today. I love this thing.
I agree, when DJI will guarantee a 100% stable version approved by all users, I'll update.

Yes but you could do stunts with the touch of a button WOW[emoji15]Gosh really? Glad I got rid of that thing. Like a flying [emoji372]

I've completed 14 flights to date with P3 Advanced.
The last 2 flights were finally not "Test" flights.
---
Gimbal requires straightening occasionally when a clean straight horizon is within view, otherwise just doesn't matter.
No Cracks. (Zip tied all 4 arms for prevention)
1 second delay on FPV.
Compass went nuts once and P3 started to spin and nearly crashed - Re-booted everything and all was good.
---
Asus Transformer tablet hangs.
Samsung S4 hangs.
Samsung S-Tab 8" works fine (This a a dedicated unit with no extra apps running).
---
Weak signal at 550 metres but trees obscuring LOS - (Electricity SubStation nearby that might have caused interference)
---
The P3 might not be flawless however it is a sensational product particularly at this price range and will no doubt be improved with better firmware updates as they become available.

Attachments

• aerial1.jpg
    aerial1.jpg
    376.1 KB · Views: 293
So Far for me P3P is perfect, only thing is is missing Waypoint Flight and
We're still waiting for the follow me option though, but I don't consider that an "issue".

Same with me, not a worry, concern, negative thought, or hesitation to fly her. The update that had beleaguered so many, has only brought me more Phantom Flying happiness & great joy. It sort of makes me feel like a big kid again.
Pretty sure I have already lived through my second childhood, so this new toy may have brought forth my third. Which is nice. ;-)

Happy flying and safe landings everybody.

RedHotPoker

Reactions: ImJim
Same with me, not a worry, concern, negative thought, or hesitation to fly her. The update that had beleaguered so many, has only brought me more Phantom Flying happiness & great joy. It sort of makes me feel like a big kid again.
Pretty sure I have already lived through my second childhood, so this new toy may have brought forth my third. Which is nice. ;-)

Happy flying and safe landings everybody.

RedHotPoker

Haha, RHP. You love it. I can see you bounding slow-mo, hand in hand through a meadow with your toy.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cgarner1