****... Is the P3 a flawless machine?

Reaction score
I can't find any issues with this jewel. I mean, no afterthoughts while controlling it, long battery life, intelligent battery, incredible powerful motors, amazing 4k / 1080p articulated camera, hestetically speaking and in terms of video quality, going up to ISO 3200 with low-noise despite the small sensor, perfect gimble, super-stable device with strong winds, accelerometer, vision positioning system with bottom camera and to sensors, powerful LEDs, marvelous form factor, clean Apple-like design, fast synchronizing/connection, spectacular range and smooth video feed thousands of feets away, splendid transmitter with massive battery life and full camera controls, lightbridge, failsafe mode, stable GPS function, safe and precise RTH, outstanding application, full control over the drone, dozens of different options, battery status, gimbal, customizable buttons and controls, flight modes, stable and never-crashing app, creator studio, live GPS map with satellite view, open source... And that price...

I know I forgot a lot of things... ****, we're all used to technology now, but whatever high-tech product we buy, there's always a problem and something we'd like to be improved "next time".

But now..

Did DJI make a flawless device?

I can't find any flaws and I have to say it's not easy to admit it IS a perfect drone. There's obviously something wrong! No? No, apparently, I can't find any weakness. DJI didn't forget a thing. EVERYTHING has been thoroughly done. From camera picture styles to intelligent battery auto-discharging.

Well, anyway, to me, DJI is the future of drones.

Tell me what you think guys. :)

Welcome, I have to say that I have not really had any issues with mine and have a lot of flights on it, but I did do a lot of RTFM over and over LOL and watched as much stuff as I could. Start out slow and stay away from everything until you get use to it. I do know people have had a lot of issues and hope they can get all their's corrected. For the people than have had mishaps and have lost their's I can feel their pain.

Reactions: skyhighdiver
You are the 1% :) (Okay, certainly more than that)

That isn't to say the P3 is a bad device, but "flawless" might be stretching it for most of us, given the camera horizon issues, shell cracks (for some), and my personal issues with heavy gimbal/unit shaking; not to mention some of the features that should have been implemented, but aren't (GS, for instance).

VERY glad to see that you are having any troubles, though. Once DJI's QA process gets better, hopefully this type of thing will be the 99%. I absolutely believe that DJI has the means to be better, and I really look forward to that.

Reactions: imadago
Nothing made by man is flawless. ;)

However, the DJI products seem to be quite well engineered IMHO. DJI may not have the best customer service, OK...it really SUCKS!.....but they've made a very good product for those who take the time to properly learn them.

I've seen companies with exceptional customer support, double or even triple their sales with mediocre products. If DJI can get that right, they would be a much more fullfilling experience. Their attention to their customers does suck. But that's the Chinese. They usually have more pride in their products than they do in their customer relations. Pity really. They could be so much more

Reactions: imadago
I seriously think this drone is basically perfect. The titled horizon can be fixed in the gimbal settings. "Gimbal roll" or something.

We're still waiting for the follow me option though, but I don't consider that an "issue".

I often say:

"With a DJI, the only possible mistake is the pilot."

This is definetely the safest and most stable drone I've ever known, that's why I say that.

How many P3 flights have you guys had that think it's "flawless"? I'm extremely happy too though I've only gone on 6 flights so far (with no issues whatsoever)

Mine has been perfect. Feel sorry for those Solo guys. I don't wish that kind of bad news on anyone, especially fellow quad pilots.
Same here. :) I wish it never happens to us either...

How many P3 flights have you guys had that think it's "flawless"? I'm extremely happy too though I've only gone on 6 flights so far (with no issues whatsoever)
Already 23 flights, didn't have ANY afterthought or doubt on ANY aspect of the drone, neither safety, neither flight comfort.

Yup, I'm thinking about the camera right now, and remembering that the lens is just perfect, no chromatic aberrations, low distortion for a 20mm lens (on 35mm FF equivalent).. No "haze" or ghosting.

If I look so fanatic, it's simply cause I started with a f*cking Parrot Bebop :D Worst 500-1000 dollar-range drone ever created.

Yup, I'm thinking about the camera right now, and remembering that the lens is just perfect, no chromatic aberrations, low distortion for a 20mm lens (on 35mm FF equivalent).. No "haze" or ghosting.

If I look so fanatic, it's simply cause I started with a f*cking Parrot Bebop :D Worst 500-1000 dollar-range drone ever created.
LMAO I. Had one of them too! No range and no comparison at all!

LMAO I. Had one of them too! No range and no comparison at all!
Haha :) Remember that battey life? :D That ridiculous range? Hard to believe, but It was not even usable with my iPhone 5S with FPV. It was dropping down to 1 FPS when I was hitting the record button. At around 40 feet, I was losing connection :)

Well, anyway, to me, DJI is the future of drones.

I often say:

"With a DJI, the only possible mistake is the pilot."

*cringe* You work in their marketing team?!

Not flawless no. The hardware seems pretty good and you definitely won't get better for the price.

But shell cracks, firmware bugs and a cpu hogging app with bugs which cause lag and crashes. For mine they still have work to do.

Not had to deal with customer service myself and I hope I never have to. There seem to be enough noisy people on the forums that have confronted them directly with the problems I am also having.

Reactions: Dave Ward
Good? Certainly. Great? Perhaps. Flawless? Nope.

I have had no problems with my P3P that weren't my fault with the exception of the Android Pilot app crashing. Sometimes crashing at the most inopportune time. Luckily the fail safe brought my bird home in one piece.

Reactions: andy162
Haha :) Remember that battey life? :D That ridiculous range? Hard to believe, but It was not even usable with my iPhone 5S with FPV. It was dropping down to 1 FPS when I was hitting the record button. At around 40 feet, I was losing connection :)
*cringe* You work in their marketing team?!

Not flawless no. The hardware seems pretty good and you definitely won't get better for the price.

But shell cracks, firmware bugs and a cpu hogging app with bugs which cause lag and crashes. For mine they still have work to do.

Not had to deal with customer service myself and I hope I never have to. There seem to be enough noisy people on the forums that have confronted them directly with the problems I am also having.

I must say I was of course exaggerating a bit when saying "flawless", but please tell me why shell cracks happen... Also.. Do you use Apple or another brand?

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cokersean20