Is the new body really better?

Reaction score
Hi, I've been lurking here for about 6 months. Last week the dreaded cracks appeared in my P3P, no crashes or hard landings ever. I find it very frustrating, I bought my drone used but new so I am guessing DJI has nothing but paid options for me. Before I go though the trouble of swapping, can anyone confirm for certain that the new body will end these problems? Otherwise I may consider the P4 instead.

No, there are some reports with cracked shell on new/reinforced bodies also on this forum, if I remember correct. Maybe less frequent? Hard to tell.

How many flights? Bacho

25 flights for 2 hour 36 min
That's not many. Mine is a newer version 76 flights. No cracks.

Sometimes I wonder if it is heat causing the the plastic to be brittle.
Heat from leaving in hot car. Landing with hot motors and putting in foam lined case.
I know my battery's sure stay hot longer in the case.

Hi, I've been lurking here for about 6 months. Last week the dreaded cracks appeared in my P3P, no crashes or hard landings ever. I find it very frustrating, I bought my drone used but new so I am guessing DJI has nothing but paid options for me. Before I go though the trouble of swapping, can anyone confirm for certain that the new body will end these problems? Otherwise I may consider the P4 instead.
I have seen one report here of a p4 with cracks already.

That's not many. Mine is a newer version 76 flights. No cracks.

Sometimes I wonder if it is heat causing the the plastic to be brittle.
Heat from leaving in hot car. Landing with hot motors and putting in foam lined case.
I know my battery's sure stay hot longer in the case.

It's a theory, personally I have only taken the drone to the lake a couple times, normally leave the windows down in the car while I'm there. It also wasn't really hot ~70 on both occasions, otherwise it lives in the AC.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cokersean20