Is the IOS DJI go app version 2.4.3 compatible with the 1.5.3 or 1.6.4 Phantom 3 Pro?

Reaction score
Hello,

Is the IOS DJI go app version 2.4.3 compatible with the 1.5.3 or 1.6.4 firmware of the Phantom 3 Pro? I'm currently using an iphone6 with IOS8.

I'm currently debating whether to purchase a P3P. If 2.4.3 works with both versions of the P3P firmwares ... I think I might make the plunge.

When I contacted DJI tech support, they said I would need to update my IOS DJI go app to 2.6.0 in order for all IOC features ... etc to work. Is the DJI tech support hype for real? Can someone with a similar setup (IOS 2.4.3 on iphone6 w/ 1.5.3 or 1.6.4) confirm that their system works?

1.5 and 1.6 should both work with 2.4.3, however 1.5 is known to be bad. If you are choosing between only those two, go with 1.6.
Any FW from 1.4 onward has the IOC features. I use 1.6 on the P3 and 2.4.2 on my Air 2. The IOC features work with no issues whenever I bother to use them which isn't very often.

Just be sure to use a device new enough to be able to handle the app. Since you are asking about Apple, best is an A7 processor or later. Cheers!

Last edited:
Hello,

Is the IOS DJI go app version 2.4.3 compatible with the 1.5.3 or 1.6.4 firmware of the Phantom 3 Pro? I'm currently using an iphone6 with IOS8.

I'm currently debating whether to purchase a P3P. If 2.4.3 works with both versions of the P3P firmwares ... I think I might make the plunge.

When I contacted DJI tech support, they said I would need to update my IOS DJI go app to 2.6.0 in order for all IOC features ... etc to work. Is the DJI tech support hype for real? Can someone with a similar setup (IOS 2.4.3 on iphone6 w/ 1.5.3 or 1.6.4) confirm that their system works?

I had issues with my P3A with V2.4.3 with V1.6.4 (Phantom would fly but nothing on my device screen) - upgraded IOS to V2.6.0 and everything works great - (iPad mini however not the iPhone6)

Hamilton ON eh! LOL - just down the road from you.

What are you flying now and why the urge for a P3P (just curious) - rumour has it the P4 will be announced Mar 1/16 and the P3P will be even cheaper than the $999.00 USD it is now - considering we both get nailed with an extra 35% on exchange I would wait to see what happens on Mar 1/16 - just my own thoughts.

I'm using 1.1.9 on my P3A
1.4.010 on P3P... Was on 1.5 but downgraded.
Both r/c @ 1.5.70
2.4.3 app on iPad Air2 and iPhone 6s

I'm sure DJI is just wanting everyone to be at the current versions of everything because as you can see there can be many combinations of firmwares and apps.

I had issues with my P3A with V2.4.3 with V1.6.4 (Phantom would fly but nothing on my device screen) - upgraded IOS to V2.6.0 and everything works great - (iPad mini however not the iPhone6)

Thank you for letting me know your experience.

Hamilton ON eh! LOL - just down the road from you.

Right on. What area are you located in?

What are you flying now and why the urge for a P3P (just curious) - rumour has it the P4 will be announced Mar 1/16 and the P3P will be even cheaper than the $999.00 USD it is now - considering we both get nailed with an extra 35% on exchange I would wait to see what happens on Mar 1/16 - just my own thoughts.

I currently fly an Inspire 1 dual operator setup. I'm in the market for a more portable system & with the DJI anniversary sale, the P3P is within my price range. I'm also curious to see that DJI has to offer with the P4 & you make a valid point to wait for the announcement.

I'm using 1.1.9 on my P3A
1.4.010 on P3P... Was on 1.5 but downgraded.
Both r/c @ 1.5.70
2.4.3 app on iPad Air2 and iPhone 6s

I appreciate you providing your input. Thank you. I'm glad you have found the right combination of firmware that works for you. In my experience, that's what provides the best results out of a UAV system. Do you still have the 1.4.010 firmware file? I'm optimistic that if I do buy a P3P with the updated board & 2312A motors, that it will ship with the 1.5.3 version of firmware so I can downgrade to 1.4.010 to take advantage of the IOC features. I'd just need the file =)

Thank you for letting me know your experience.

I currently fly an Inspire 1 dual operator setup. I'm in the market for a more portable system & with the DJI anniversary sale, the P3P is within my price range. I'm also curious to see that DJI has to offer with the P4 & you make a valid point to wait for the announcement.

I appreciate you providing your input. Thank you. I'm glad you have found the right combination of firmware that works for you. In my experience, that's what provides the best results out of a UAV system. Do you still have the 1.4.010 firmware file? I'm optimistic that if I do buy a P3P with the updated board & 2312A motors, that it will ship with the 1.5.3 version of firmware so I can downgrade to 1.4.010 to take advantage of the IOC features. I'd just need the file =)

Very true. Not every succession is a step forward. It's more like a couple steps forward, some "idiot proofing" safety measures and then some sneaked-in, undocumented enhancements which actually end up limiting your abilities that you once had. The 1.4 fw is still available on DJIs site.
http://dl.djicdn.com/downloads/phantom_3/en/Phantom_3_Professional_Firmware_v1.4.0010__en.zip

If you look at the name convention they use for firmwares you can just plug in the right version info and get any firmware...

Just be mindful if you get fw 1.6 I believe you can only go back to 1.5. I don't know if anyone was able to get from 1.6 to anything older than 1.5 even with the service bin file.

Last edited:
Very true. Not every succession is a step forward. It's more like a couple steps forward, some "idiot proofing" safety measures and then some sneaked-in, undocumented enhancements which actually end up limiting your abilities that you once had.

One step forward, three steps back. I couldn't agree more.

Thank you for the link. Downloading it now.

Just be mindful if you get fw 1.6 I believe you can only go back to 1.5. I don't know if anyone was able to get from 1.6 to anything older than 1.5 even with the service bin file.

Thank you for your insight. If I do decide to purchase the P3P, hopefully it'll show up with the 1.5.3. Although I do not like taking chances. Especially with only having 7 days to make up my mind if I'd want to keep the P3P or return it DJI ( I only buy from DJI directly ).

Decisions, decisions.

Nice !! Couple more Canadians !!! I heard some people have been lucky ordering from DJI.com and no duty when it comes across the border !! I'm in Toronto ! Nice to see a few more of us up here !

Sent from my iPad using PhantomPilots mobile app

Thank you for your insight. If I do decide to purchase the P3P, hopefully it'll show up with the 1.5.3. Although I do not like taking chances. Especially with only having 7 days to make up my mind if I'd want to keep the P3P or return it DJI ( I only buy from DJI directly ).

Decisions, decisions.

No problem. Why not use Amazon? I was in the same boat when buying my second P3...I wanted new motors and <1.6fw. Seems almost everyone isn't getting it shipped with 1.6. Good luck!

I heard some people have been lucky ordering from DJI.com and no duty when it comes across the border !

No problem. Why not use Amazon?

I buy from DJI directly because there's no duty or taxes. That leaves only the exchange rate to deal with (which is still a cheaper option at the current rate ... barely)

Nice !! Couple more Canadians !!! I'm in Toronto ! Nice to see a few more of us up here !

Go Canada! =)

Burlington

I currently fly an Inspire 1 dual operator setup.

Very nice - the DJI Inspire Pro 1 or the Mattrice 100 platform is in my sights - I am anxiously awaiting the announcement of the Flir Zenmuse XT IR camera/DJI combo. I am seriously considering adding that combo to my business (Machinery Reliability - Vibration Analysis and also Thermal Imaging). I have to be a lot more capable pilot than I am now prior to flying one of those combos. I figure the XT IR will be in the range of $5k+ so combine that with a Phantom 1 Pro or a Mattrice 100 (with extra battery and port and collision avoidance etc.) and that is a lot of dough up in the air! Mind you when doing Thermal work most of the time you would be hovering and making slight moves (hydro, cell towers and exhaust stacks etc).

Do you still have the 1.4.010 firmware file?

I don't have that copy - however it is still available here ...........http://dl.djicdn.com/downloads/phantom_3/en/Phantom_3_Professional_Firmware_v1.4.0010__en.zip

I buy from DJI directly because there's no duty or taxes. That leaves only the exchange rate to deal with (which is still a cheaper option at the current rate ... barely

Ditto on that! The exchange rate is a killer isn't it. If only these UAV's used oil LOL!

Nice !! Couple more Canadians !!! I heard some people have been lucky ordering from DJI.com and no duty when it comes across the border !! I'm in Toronto ! Nice to see a few more of us up here !

Oh ya - Go-Canada-Go! Now if only we could do something about that **** exchange rate!

We should be passing on any info we gather as to buying any mods made up here to save a couple of bucks.

I also buy DJI direct - for saving on tax and duty!

LOL - Hog Town guy - Burlington here (smaller hog town)!

Burlington

Lots of great places to fly in Burlington!

I am anxiously awaiting the announcement of the Flir Zenmuse XT IR camera/DJI combo. I am seriously considering adding that combo to my business (Machinery Reliability - Vibration Analysis and also Thermal Imaging). I have to be a lot more capable pilot than I am now prior to flying one of those combos. I figure the XT IR will be in the range of $5k+ so combine that with a Phantom 1 Pro or a Mattrice 100 (with extra battery and port and collision avoidance etc.) and that is a lot of dough up in the air! Mind you when doing Thermal work most of the time you would be hovering and making slight moves (hydro, cell towers and exhaust stacks etc).

The XT IR look to be the real deal & will be perfect for your applications =) Plus you'll be able to write off a portion of it, due to it being a business expense!

The exchange rate is a killer isn't it. If only these UAV's used oil LOL!

Don't get me started.

FWIW, when I got my P3A in December just before xmas 2015, I upgraded to the current versions then which were DJI GO 2.4.3 and Firmware 1.6.4.

This combo works for me. I don't mind less aggressive but safer for batteries v.1.6.4 firmware, and I am not planning to upgrade DJI GO up to get functioning geo fencing.

For me, the DJI GO 2.4.3 and Firmware 1.6.4 is optimum for my needs and comfort level.

FWIW, when I got my P3A in December just before xmas 2015, I upgraded to the current versions then which were DJI GO 2.4.3 and Firmware 1.6.4. This combo works for me. I don't mind less aggressive but safer for batteries v.1.6.4 firmware, and I am not planning to upgrade DJI GO up to get functioning geo fencing.

Great minds think alike. Thank you for your reply

I have iOS 2.4.3 which functions fine.

and on the quad itself 1.4

This gives me all the POI etc, not battery issues etc.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
stovebayen