Is the "huge" announcement at march 1 a scam?

image.png image.png image.png image.png image.png
Look at the DJI youtube channel. first video ;-)
Thanks for that reply, I guess it was posted 4 hours ago, so I am 4 hours behind haha. Here are some screenshots of the phantom from the video:

Reactions: KidKobe210
Click on it and watch the URL bar. Its a shareasale link.
Right -- but, that's not something Sinisalo did. This forum turns links into affiliate links.

because of the arrival of a new phantom, would it be likely for the professional price to drop?
From what information is available, it appears that DJI aren't bringing out a replacement for the P3 but rather, a new model in the lineup aimed at a particular segment of the market.
They've already dropped the prices of the Advanced and Pro, probably aimed at competing makers rather than to clear stock.
Whether the new machine is so good that it's a must-buy remains to be seen.
But at the current prices for the Advanced and Pro, and the features they offer, you can't go wrong.

I'm not getting exited just yet.. I can't help but think that the government has been talking to DJI (and all drone makers) and basically saying: "Look, if you want to sell these things in the US, they need to not go higher than 400 ft. and not further out than 500ft." Or something along those lines.. That would kill it for me. I don't mind paying around 2 or 300 dollars for something like that but not what the new P4 is going to cost. Also I bet it's going to have built in geofencing and a shitload of NFZ's that you won't be able to get around, and no doubt it won't be able to use P3 batteries.. I'm pretty sure it will use Inspire batteries or something more expensive..

Sent from my iPad using PhantomPilots mobile app

Never thought of that as a possibility (using the Inspire batteries). Would get more time considering the most likely much less weight P4, and the only people that they are canobolizing are people that own both the Inspire and the P3 which make sense.

That thing that looks like two p3 batteries running around the net, if true would be awesome if you could take two of your p3 batteries and buy the new casing to make a p4 battery but I'm not naive and know they want/need to make money.

I'm not getting exited just yet.. I can't help but think that the government has been talking to DJI (and all drone makers) and basically saying: "Look, if you want to sell these things in the US, they need to not go higher than 400 ft. and not further out than 500ft." Or something along those lines.. That would kill it for me.

I'm a bit baffled by this - why would it "kill" it for you? 400 feet in the air is already incredibly high, why do people feel the need to take such a small UAC even higher than that? To be honest I'm somewhat amazed they even created a consumer drone that lets people fly so high, LOL. (I've never taken mine up anywhere near that height, kind of scares me, still baby steps for me.)

Sent from my iPhone using PhantomPilots mobile app

Never thought of that as a possibility (using the Inspire batteries). Would get more time considering the most likely much less weight P4, and the only people that they are canobolizing are people that own both the Inspire and the P3 which make sense.

That thing that looks like two p3 batteries running around the net, if true would be awesome if you could take two of your p3 batteries and buy the new casing to make a p4 battery but I'm not naive and know they want/need to make money.

Flight Time Approx. 26 to 28 minutes*

*Tested without GPS

Last edited:
Reactions: Jussaguy
I'm a bit baffled by this - why would it "kill" it for you? 400 feet in the air is already incredibly high, why do people feel the need to take such a small UAC even higher than that? To be honest I'm somewhat amazed they even created a consumer drone that lets people fly so high, LOL. (I've never taken mine up anywhere near that height, kind of scares me, still baby steps for me.)

Sent from my iPhone using PhantomPilots mobile app
I wouldn't mind the 400 foot limit if that was relative to the position of the drone, not the takeoff position. I have a mountain I like to fly at and it is nice to be able to override the 120 meter limit so I can go higher up the hill side.

Thanks for all the replies! Definitely cleared out some things.. But, because of the arrival of a new phantom, would it be likely for the professional price to drop? I have never flown a drone before, but I can't shake the feeling that I might buy the pro one, as it would be an investment for many years to come with the 4K video and all... I have some experience in filmmaking, but not in the aerial area. Is the pro worth the extra money?
Thanks again

4K makes a huge difference, even if you're later dropping the resolution to 1080p. But, I wouldn't say any of these aerial devices will be an investment for many years to come. The technology is still advancing too quickly (as is the price dropping). For example, I can't even get $500 for a barely used 2 year old P2V+ that I paid nearly $2k for (iirc).

The other posters are right, the new DJI device might be incredible, but you will be paying a premium to essentially be an advanced beta tester for at least the first 8 months. I think you'll be very pleased with a P3 Pro, and I expect you'd rather be flying and learning than waiting (at least I would).

Reactions: Grumstolen

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hirehackers