Is the "huge" announcement at march 1 a scam?

watch the teaser trailer something new is coming but it wont be cheap rumors are around 1700 so if you want to fly go get bird now and you will love it just remember best time to buy new one coming out is around xmas much cheaper

They will definitely be releasing some type of new Phantom on March 1st. There's no telling when it'll be available for purchase though.

Hi!
Is the announcement set for mach 1 a scam, or will there be released some new product that day? Here is the link: DJI Phantom 4 Rumors & Leaks | Quadcopter Guide
Asking as it would be rather stupid to buy a phantom at the moment, if something new is around the corner.

Thanks in advance !

Chris

Unless you like to be first with things
can afford the new one because it is clear it will be more $

right now is a super time to get a great product for a great price, you can enter the hobby for just a few hundred dollars.
If you like it and stick with it the new one will be tested and cheaper then.

for example a p3a for 600.00 with 30 day warranty
Used DJI Phantom 3 Advanced Quadcopter with 2.7K CP.PT.000160

just remember I always wait after new one comes out so they can get all the bugs out

Reactions: Sinisalo
Thanks for all the replies! Definitely cleared out some things.. But, because of the arrival of a new phantom, would it be likely for the professional price to drop? I have never flown a drone before, but I can't shake the feeling that I might buy the pro one, as it would be an investment for many years to come with the 4K video and all... I have some experience in filmmaking, but not in the aerial area. Is the pro worth the extra money?
Thanks again

don't have one but heard yes

the problem here is, that I live in Denmark, so all these great deals will be shot down with tax and shipping.. But thanks for the link though !

Yea that makes a big difference

maybe someone on your side has similar deals, has to be some large dealers that have some second stock to move out

I know here in the the US they did drop all prices recently
3ppro 999 us and can buy used for hundreds less. than that even
not a lot of room to drop since they have 4 models from 500 -1000 is my guess

The expected p4 price is 1700 us approx. and is listed as " enthusiast" level

Not a scam. The features of the new product are quite amazing. I think everyone will be pleasantly surprised with the new technology.

Yea that makes a big difference

maybe someone on your side has similar deals, has to be some large dealers that have some second stock to move out

Hope there will be soon yeah! Not currently though... Maybe when the new drone will be announced, we'll see

I'm not getting exited just yet.. I can't help but think that the government has been talking to DJI (and all drone makers) and basically saying: "Look, if you want to sell these things in the US, they need to not go higher than 400 ft. and not further out than 500ft." Or something along those lines.. That would kill it for me. I don't mind paying around 2 or 300 dollars for something like that but not what the new P4 is going to cost. Also I bet it's going to have built in geofencing and a shitload of NFZ's that you won't be able to get around, and no doubt it won't be able to use P3 batteries.. I'm pretty sure it will use Inspire batteries or something more expensive..

Sent from my iPad using PhantomPilots mobile app

Reactions: Sinisalo
I'm not getting exited just yet.. I can't help but think that the government has been talking to DJI (and all drone makers) and basically saying: "Look, if you want to sell these things in the US, they need to not go higher than 400 ft. and not further out than 500ft." Or something along those lines.. That would kill it for me. I don't mind paying around 2 or 300 dollars for something like that but not what the new P4 is going to cost. Also I bet it's going to have built in geofencing and a shitload of NFZ's that you won't be able to get around, and no doubt it won't be able to use P3 batteries.. I'm pretty sure it will use Inspire batteries or something more expensive..

Sent from my iPad using PhantomPilots mobile app
I was thinking the same thing, it might not even have a traditional controller like the phantom x concept drone video shows. That is exactly why I finally pulled the trigger on a phantom 3 pro during the Black Friday sales, I see the consumer products becoming more and more restricted, they probably won't be capable of long range flights but more like a drone that can follow you down the ski slopes and avoid objects along the way.

Looking at the teaser some of the official DJI video matches the leaked pictures. Especially the screened grill, glossy finish and sensors. Since it mentions senses, I am betting this thing is loaded with sensors, VPS, near proximity, echo based altitude and more. The price would put it up against the Yuneec bird coming out.

As to what enthusiast, who knows.

Attachments

• image.png
    image.png
    432 KB · Views: 411

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jrl