Welcome to PhantomPilots.com

Is the horizontal off or okay on this?

Discussion in 'Pro/Adv Discussion' started by wheeliesteve, Apr 7, 2016.

1. wheeliesteve

My horizontal appeared to be off, showing everything to be going uphill to the right. I calibrated the IMU and gimbal and shot this video I think it looks a lot better than it did before. Do you think this is okay or should i have it looked at?

Thanks,
    Steve

2. spookypilot76

I think it looks fine. Mine looks that way to sometimes too especially when its a little windy.

3. wheeliesteve

I thought it looked okay too. I just wanted others opinions as I didn't even notice it being off before when someone pointed it out to me. I could see it being off after they pointed it out. This is the video where it's off:

4. Gary M

It looked to me like it was level when you were facing one direction but out of level facing the other direction.

5. wheeliesteve

In post #1 or #3?

6. Gary M

DUUUUUDE! I grew up on Kent Island. Cool to see drone footage of the home turf. I'm dying to take mine there and play. How is Kent Island airport to deal with when you notify them?

7. Gary M

The video from the original post.

8. StevenQX

Not ok is not level...it's a common issue anyway. Even p4 have it.

9. alokbhargava

It looks off to me but the deviation is not much though it will keep bugging you all the time.

10. wheeliesteve

I updated the firmware to 1.8 and then calibrated the IMU and gimbal. I took this at lunch. It seems to be okay in parts and off in others. Sometimes it's off to the right and sometimes it's off the oposite side on the left. Don't know what to think.

11. Air Ontario

Maybe calibrate the RC sticks if the - or + fine tune adj. in the DJI app won't fix it. Especially the left stick or whatever stick is the yaw for you.

12. wheeliesteve

I calibrated the RC sticks the other day. I will try again but at this point I don't know if it's worth sending back to DJI.

13. Oso

Oso

Read this post for some background:
    Most Annoying P3P Problem - Gimbal horizon not level

14. wheeliesteve

15. StevenQX

Steve, try to do this way, worked for me making my gimbal better. Take a flat small square surface (wood or plastic are good), lay the table somewhere and level it paying attention to be leveled horizontally, vertically and diagonally. Then put the phantom in the fridge, wait 30 minutes and bring it outside on the level table you prepared before. Switch it on and perform immediately an imu calibration. When imu finished make signs with a pen where the phantoms legs are (on the corner is ok). Take the phantom and perform a compass calibration (thats why i advise to do it outside, houses are full of interferences). After done compass calibration put back the phantom on the table in the exact position where it was when performed imu calibration. Switch it on and check the mod value, it should be 1500. If it is, with the bird always on the table in the same position, perform gimbal autocalibration. Before to perform gimbal autocalibration be sure that your gimbal offset in dji go is set to zero.

16. wheeliesteve

Okay, thanks for the tips. I'll try it out when I get a chance.