Is the GPS Module of the P3 ADV compatible to the P3S??

But why not? The plugs are similar

Sent from my HUAWEI P7-L10 using PhantomPilots mobile app
My kettle has a similar plug to my toaster, I can't cook toast in it though. Data and power assignment on the connector is probably the same. Manufacturer would not pay for and install a glonass capable board without utilising the functionality. It's probably closer to the phantom vision board.

My kettle has a similar plug to my toaster, I can't cook toast in it though. Data and power assignment on the connector is probably the same. Manufacturer would not pay for and install a glonass capable board without utilising the functionality. It's probably closer to the phantom vision board.
Well the second part of your statement probably is true in this case. It is not unheard of for manufacturers to build in capabilities in their chipset that are not activated by the software because of that chipset being installed in an inferior product and the manufacture simply having those futures deactivated. Instead of building two or three different boards for different sub models of a product.

Sent from my HTC 10 using PhantomPilots mobile app

Reactions: JeyTea
I think it would work without any problem...thought anyone here has tried it allready and will share Knowledge..but just look at this Video..this guy made it on its own way and it works...

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

Sent from my iPad using PhantomPilots

Well the second part of your statement probably is true in this case. It is not unheard of for manufacturers to build in capabilities in their chipset that are not activated by the software because of that chipset being installed in an inferior product and the manufacture simply having those futures deactivated. Instead of building two or three different boards for different sub models of a product.

Sent from my HTC 10 using PhantomPilots mobile app
A really good example in support of your observation is the DJI Naza V2 and Light flight controllers. Identical hardware as demonstrated by those who purchased the significantly cheaper light and flashed to V2.

A bad example is the phantom pro vs advanced cameras. The supplier left the 4K chip off the advanced board, probably a licensing issue as it meant production of two parts.

In this instance the standard GPS board is probably a carry over from an earlier model (non glonass) and either within inventory or readily available from supplier.

I think it would work without any problem...thought anyone here has tried it allready and will share Knowledge..but just look at this Video..this guy made it on its own way and it works...

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

Sent from my iPad using PhantomPilots
Oh, your title suggested (to me at least) your intent was to replace the whole GPS module, not just the patch antenna. That is a different proposition with a likely good chance of success.

...cause the connectors are exactly the same between the ADV GPS module and the STA. So why should it not work with the STA? The only difference between the modules is the ceramic on the chipset..so i really dont know what should cause a problem?

Sent from my HUAWEI P7-L10 using PhantomPilots mobile app

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
stovebayen