Welcome to PhantomPilots.com

Is the DJI OSMO a must have?

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Revivalution, Nov 5, 2015.

1. Revivalution

Is the DJI OSMO a must have. This video review scores the system and answers that question.

2. Rrotz

As a ground videographer as well, it's much more attractive than a Ronin-M and a DSLR...although I may have to splash out and get some kind of 3 axis gimbal for my Sony AX100 camcorder.

#2 Rrotz, Nov 5, 2015
    Last edited: Nov 6, 2015
  3. Revivalution

I love the size. For me it's more about having something I can keep with me and film with at a moments notice. Its funny how much most complain about prices. I guess I'm a little spoiled. Been doing this a long time and my first camera was a piece of junk consumer camera that cost $1,500. While the OSMO is certainly not perfect it still impresses me because I can see incredible potential and many uses.

Muzza5 likes this.
  4. I think for a run and gun vlogger... Yes. But to use for pro work the camera is just ok. Casey Nisate used it the other day for his blog. I think it has a place in the tool bag but then again I fly a dslr and Ronin-M and it's a dream!

5. Revivalution

6. Muzza5

I was thinking about this yesterday. Seems like putting a Rode on it would be pretty simple.

I just hope they bring out a different version where you can mount a camera of your choice but I dont think it's the DJI way.

7. Rrotz

Wish Aerialdroneaccessories would make a mount for Samsung phones.

Revivalution likes this.
  8. ALL e RC

Approved Vendor

We just received the DJI OSMO Tripod part 3 in stock along with Extension Arm Part 5 and the Universal mount part 6

9. tobeallque

I love the OSMO it serves it's purpose. I am a LEO and we are in the process of purchasing a few, for documenting the exit of a crime scene (subsequent to said the scene being processed).