Is the BTU module needed?

Reaction score
I read (somewhere) in a recent post that the BTU module is not needed, that the GS provides the necessary bluetooth connectivity to the NAZA. Is this correct? Will the GS allow me to adjust the gains and other basic NAZA parameters, as I now must do via the NAZA Assistant-laptop connection?

The Groundstation acts as an extender for the BTU connection, meaning you don't have to plug the BTU in to the Phantom (NAZA) itself. Instead you connect the BTU to the ground unit, and with that you can then use either the GS software on an iPad, or you can use the Settings Assistant app (that you've been using) for adjusting gains, etc.

OI Photography said:
The Groundstation acts as an extender for the BTU connection, meaning you don't have to plug the BTU in to the Phantom (NAZA) itself. Instead you connect the BTU to the ground unit, and with that you can then use either the GS software on an iPad, or you can use the Settings Assistant app (that you've been using) for adjusting gains, etc.

Sadly, you can't connect GS directly to a BTU on the the air end without the datalink (which makes sense). That would have been fun :)

ElGuano said:
OI Photography said:

Sadly, you can't connect GS directly to a BTU on the the air end without the datalink (which makes sense). That would have been fun :)

Obviously you've tried it...just to be sure and all :D

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
adrie