Is the 2.9.1 DGO GO Android App causing problems?

Reaction score
Yesterday my Phantom 4 was performing everything I asked of it! Last night my DGO APP for Android was upgraded to v2.9.1. This morning this App kept causing my Samsung Tablet A6 to go into Safe Mode and it would not start my DGO GO App. I had met some friends who had Typhoons and I wanted to show off my P4. I couldn't connect the v2.9.1 App to my Tablet so I changed from my Tablet A to my Samsung Galaxy Note 4 which I also noticed too late that my Note 4 also had been upgraded to V2.9.1. I did manage to get my P4 in the air but most if not all my saved settings were gone. I kept the altitude to a couple of hundred feet and found my P4 was heading West fast! I hit the RTH button when it was long out of site and nothing happened! Finally I hit the RTH that was under the Auto T.O. key and initially nothing happened but then a slider popped up and asked if I wanted RTH . I acknowledged that I wanted my RTH to work as my P4 was no where to be seen. Finally my DGO GO App acknowledged that RTH was operating and I watched the altitude climbing to my 400' RTH setting and finally it appeared in the distance and when over my home spot where it took off from it started descending and auto landed. The above was my fault for launching before I reset everything as I was in a hurry as the Typhoons were already in the air. As in my past I learned decades ago not to be rushed into taking off in a real airplane or helicopter that I had never flown before without familiarizing myself with the aircraft especially when I had no manual. I used to ferry strange to me aircraft flying by the seat seat of my pants. I've been flying since the the late 1950s. What I learned from all the above is to properly set up everything before launching any time the DGO GO app is changed. Again, has anyone had any problems with v2.9.1?

Yep! I just flew one hour ago GO app froze so hard it took my tablet along.I had to hard boot my samsung tab4. When the tablet froze the AC flew as normal I was in vlos no problems with the bird. Took some time to get my tablet to reboot. Started GO again and all was good, flew that battery and another with no problems. This is the second time this happens, right after I did the update a couple of days ago GO froze and not the tablet, just restarted GO and all was fine, I also flew a second battery with no problems and put it off as a fluke. Today I was watching for it and there it was bad enough to total freez the tablet. Next time I will try a reboot of the tablet before I launch GO..... DJI>>>Please FIX this!

I a totally fed up with the DJI Go App. Everything froze up today and I had to re-install the DJI Go App on my Tablet A6. Only problem it took me over 6 hours as it reloaded like back in the 300 Baud days! Now that it's reloaded it is not set-up as a default app and I cannot get it to leave the Academy and get into the Camera. Nothing should be this difficult! Nor can I change it over to a default App even using Default Manager Pro. Tomorrow is another day!! At least my Firmware Upgrade went smoothly!

I finally have DJI GO operating properly. I completely deleted everything having anything to do with DJI GO App and then I scanned the app from the Phantom 4 Quick Start print out. I reset all settings and everything appears to be proper.

Sent from my SM-N910V using PhantomPilots mobile app

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
shimuafeni fredrik