Is standard worth buying?

All I can say is the p3s is stable as he ll and makes great video but if you need long range get the others but know one day the faa will find away to fine you if your not line of sight

All I can say is the p3s is stable as he ll and makes great video but if you need long range get the others but know one day the faa will find away to fine you if your not line of sight

On a clear day the human eye can see up to 5K... How would the FAA prove you don't have line of site?

Reactions: dirkclod
Absolutely. I would say that you do not appreciate 4k until you don't have it with respect to the P3P, however, in general, to get in the air with a P3A at 700 is the best deal going on the market for now in my opinion.

Either my eyes aren't human or 5k means something completely different over there, because I can clearly see the sun. Not even Heimdall could spot a DJI Phantom at 5km, though.

Do we actually see the sun or are we viewing light that the sun emitted some time ago in the past..as it travels at the rate of 299,792,458 meters per second towards us? :)

Reactions: atj24
Absolutely. I would say that you do not appreciate 4k until you don't have it with respect to the P3P, however, in general, to get in the air with a P3A at 700 is the best deal going on the market for now in my opinion.

Where did you find the P3A for 700?

Yes I just got mine few days ago. I didn't test it out yet. Maybe the weekend I will. Good luck

Dirk lid, yes I will write it off, but photographing crashed vehicles with it will give me funds to get a second one soon [emoji108][emoji1]

Reactions: dirkclod
Dirk lid, yes I will write it off, but photographing crashed vehicles with it will give me funds to get a second one soon [emoji108][emoji1]
monker thumbup.gif

Reactions: J Dot
Do we actually see the sun or are we viewing light that the sun emitted some time ago in the past..as it travels at the rate of 299,792,458 meters per second towards us? :)
Everything we see is light, either emitted from or reflected off objects. The moon doesn't emit light, but I can see it, and I'm pretty sure it's more than 5km away.

Reminds me of an old joke. An old farmer is testifying in court as a witness and talks about how he saw the defendant. The defense lawyer quickly says the farmer must have pretty good eyes. Just how far can he see, anyway. The farmer says, " A million miles I reckon. How far is the sun"?

Now that I read it, it was not a very funny joke.

I ended up getting my standard for 499. was 599 Newegg had 50 off and a 50 dollar rebate. Unreal how good the standard is for the money.
Al

Reactions: davefales1
To OP, I am not sure whether you are asking if better quad technology can be found for the P3S price or if the P3S technology will disappoint, causing buyer's remorse for not up grading to A or P. I take the former as your question. My P3S replaced a Bebop (hiss) I lost in the creek so I will give you a comparison between P3S and a competitor's product. One of the most significant differences you already know - a large user community. Parrot users have no comparable source for answers to difficult questions. Regarding the flight capability, the greater power and mass make the P3 noticeably more stable. Even if the Bebop had comparable control logic, its impossible to match the P3 steadiness with the much lighter quad. Offsetting this advantage is the more durable nature of the lighter Bebop. It fell great distances from the sky on 4 occasions with no damage. Well, except the water landing. Not recommended.

I find the P3 easier to fly. Witness: it remains unclaimed by the creek! (13 flights and counting) The operator skills are not transferrable since the B uses screen touch to fly. That method is inferior for user interaction. Any thing with a dedicated controller is better than that screen touch method. Both units require a separate mobil device, and the issues with sun washout and screen glare are identical. Both linked about the same to my i6 and iPad Air. The P3's increased flight time significantly changes the dynamics of flight strategy and tactics. My flight plans are more expansive in time and distance. They are accomplished with greater confidence in ample power reserves. I have never approached critical battery level on the P3 while the B nearly always landed on depleted batteries. This is from a cautious, new pilot with LOS drone trauma in my personal history.

My uses are strictly personal, so many of the photographic superiorities are lost one me. That said, the P3 videos and stills are noticeably sharper with better color saturation and contrast. Downloading these 2.7 videos takes long enough. I would not wish to sit through 4K video conversion, compression and editing with larger files / weaker computer. I did enjoy the easy of lateral shift in the Bebop aiming where one can aim the camera without moving the drone or the gimbal. See above for negatives to the exposed gimbal/camera appurtenances.

In summary, the P3S has been a remarkable machine, superior in many but not all ways to the B. Others may offer their opinions. I do not regret switching. Now if I can just keep it out of the creek!

Jumpin

Reminds me of an old joke. An old farmer is testifying in court as a witness and talks about how he saw the defendant. The defense lawyer quickly says the farmer must have pretty good eyes. Just how far can he see, anyway. The farmer says, " A million miles I reckon. How far is the sun"?

Now that I read it, it was not a very funny joke.
Well I think your wrong, that's farkin phunny:laughing:

Last edited:
On a clear day the human eye can see up to 5K... How would the FAA prove you don't have line of site?
I learned that a human eye can see 2.28 x 1000 yarns x square root of the height of eye. So yes, the average standing adult would see about 5 kilometers, but that same person standing on a step ladder can see much farther. Never thought that aspect of sub training would come back to haunt me ;)

I learned that a human eye can see 2.28 x 1000 yarns x square root of the height of eye. So yes, the average standing adult would see about 5 kilometers, but that same person standing on a step ladder can see much farther. Never thought that aspect of sub training would come back to haunt me ;)
That applies to the earth's surface. Because of the curvature of the earth, among other factors, you can only see the ground about 5km away, if everything around you is completely flat.

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
shimuafeni fredrik