Is standard worth buying?

Reaction score
Hello I'm buying the dji Phantom 3 in the next 2 weeks and was wanting to know if the standard dji phantom was worth paying $700 for

Reactions: davefales1
For the technology you're getting, it's a great value at $699. If you compare the differences between the P3S and P3A, the P3A is even a better value at $999.

I would get the P3A at the least....Litchi etc are not available on the P3S....if you are going to play this game you'll never miss the extra few bucks overtime....besides---if you are going to play this game...you just started spending $$$.....

I would get the P3A at the least....Litchi etc are not available on the P3S....if you are going to play this game you'll never miss the extra few bucks overtime....besides---if you are going to play this game...you just started spending $$$.....

Kind of a two sided coin. Depends on funds. Yes you are going to spend more than 699 because you'll want to get other things. So do you have the money for 999 plus extras. I bought the standard and with everything I've done to it plus extras am at the cost of a advanced. I got my standard for 549 Black Friday special. So I've put about $500 more into it. So if I bought an advanced I'm now at 1500-1600 vs 1000.

Just have to weigh the pros and cons. But I don't regret my purchase at all.

Reactions: Timmy B
I love mine. Perfect for amateur/semi pro stuff I think. The video quality is fantastic!!
Kind of a two sided coin. Depends on funds. Yes you are going to spend more than 699 because you'll want to get other things. So do you have the money for 999 plus extras. I bought the standard and with everything I've done to it plus extras am at the cost of a advanced. I got my standard for 549 Black Friday special. So I've put about $500 more into it. So if I bought an advanced I'm now at 1500-1600 vs 1000.

Just have to weigh the pros and cons. But I don't regret my purchase at all.

What extras have you put into yours? I'm loving my new purchase, but keen on seeing what others have done to theirs to make them better! TIA

I agree that the Standard is awesome tech and for the price is the best value drone in the world. That being said, because of the basically closed design on it, anything you want to add is a real pita. I have now over 1500.00 in my Phantom 3s to get features that you would think would be a natural easy add on. Like fpv goggles. Very difficult with the standard. No Lightbridge, which is another grand anyway. No HDMI module available, you have to put together your own. Shorter range, so if you want distance you have to mod. A lot of things. If none of that is important to you, get the standard. It has an amazing camera, is easy to fly, can fly up to 25 minutes, and is relatively cheap, with many of the same features as its more expensive cousins. Otherwise, bite the bullet,save a few more bucks and get the Adv or Pro.

I love mine. Perfect for amateur/semi pro stuff I think. The video quality is fantastic!!

What extras have you put into yours? I'm loving my new purchase, but keen on seeing what others have done to theirs to make them better! TIA

I have added the DBS mod long range set up so I can get more range out of it, added 2 batteries for a total of 3 and bought a cheap case lol. So add that all
Up and I'm a bit over 500. My next addition will probably be the inspire 1 mount.

Reactions: atj24
It appears that there is an issue with the craft with signal loss , apparently not a transmitter issue. Go for theP3A!!

As a person who bought standard 1 month ago, if i could go back in time, id go for AT least Advanced...

Depends on your budget and what you want it for. If your a pro videographer then it's the P3A or P, or if your just a normal guy who enjoys seeing things from a different view then it's the P3S - you won't be disappointed

Hello I'm buying the dji Phantom 3 in the next 2 weeks and was wanting to know if the standard dji phantom was worth paying $700 for
Yes. However, if you have the cash, at least get the Advanced. You'll love the extra distance.

Waiting on mine now but already ordered the Inspire 1 tablet holder and bolt to have a bigger screen. Case, extra battery, gimbal clamp and lens cover, extra props, 32G micro SD! Got mine on Target on sale and with their 15% off for black friday so it was $509. Add $400 for the rest of the extras!

Reactions: atj24
As for distance, I got my standard flying at 130ft to a distance of 2200ft away, before I got a little worried as I couldn't physically see it any longer. The remote said that it still had good signal at that point! Also, I've heard that wind is a factor, but it was probably blowing about 15mph+ from the drone to me.

I think so.

Take a quick scroll through the P3 Help forum and it looks like it may be less prone to issues - other than the range issue.

As with most things in life it's either a toy or a tool. I bought a standard as the limits, usefulness and price fit within my budget and what I intend to use it for in my business (a rather vertical market with a limited use for distance). As I consider it a tool it will do the exact purpose I bought it for, and by the time I added a few accessories it was well within reason. Best is to buy quality in your budget range that will suit your needs and wants.

Reactions: mandalay

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cokersean20