Welcome to PhantomPilots.com

Is something wrong with my Gimbal?

Discussion in 'Pro/Adv Discussion' started by quinntendopower, Aug 29, 2015.

1. quinntendopower

I am including a video I made, if I rotate the camera it is ok, but if I move sideways it has this weird rotation now, where it wasn't doing this before.

Is this a setting or is something wrong with my gimbal? I also notice while flying it, that I get a "gimbal motor overloaded" often now where it never did any of that before

2. III% Streve

First, you have your gimble in FOLLOW mode, rather than FPV. Or the other way around. Ive confused myself.

3. quinntendopower

OK, I'll try FPV and see what happens. I don't remember changing this function.... Odd.. Thanks for the help Steve!

4. III% Streve

I guess I should have said.. It LOOKs like you have...

There also seems to be a significant tilt. When you power up you P3 is it sitting relatively level? Have you tried a gimble calibration on a level surface? And what FW are you using on the P3

5. quinntendopower

I upgraded the firmware today to the most recent. I also calibrated the gimbal and it's fine now.

However, the setting I needed was follow. On FPV, I get the video tilt. I made a quick video checking the gutters and no more tilt! A simple menu option, camera is working as it did when I got it.

Thanks again for the suggestions though