Is Samsung Note 8 wifi tablet any good?

Reaction score
I have a Samsung Galaxy Note 8 GT-N 1550. 10 inch tablet wifi only. I want to know if it works with a P3p. And if so what is the best app to use. I have tried the paid version of Litchi. It does not open and the DJI go app fails often.

Or is this tablet just not ment for running an app for a Phantom drone

I have the gt-n5110 galaxy note 8 wifi and it is crappy with my p3s. Bought 1 for me and 1 for wife under the pretense that it was the "iPad killer" 4 years ago. Admittedly we've been Apple family forever and wanted to see what all the android hype was. Hers crapped out 2 years ago and mine was so laggy I totally quit using it 1 yr ago.black Friday 2015 I got 2 iPad 4 mini for 275 each and my iPad has been in the box since. When I got my p3s I factory reset the galaxy and tried using it and it lags horribly on FPV. It's finally pushed me to open my iPad because my wife's works flawlessly with dji go

Here's the scoop. All the new apps for the DJ drones require higher end processors and more memory. Essentially, any Apple or Android product more than 2 years old will probably not have the processing power to run the app without issues

Additionally, since there are so many low prices Android products, (Amazon Fire and others), even newer Android products may lack the power to run the app.

The reason so many people tout the Apples, is that the lowest iPad mini and other iPads have sufficient power.

The Note 8 is an older, lower end tablet. Good at the time, but will not run a high resolution app.

A Samsung tab 3 will work fine. The newer Samsung phones are good. Check the specs.

Running a 2017 sophisticated drone with 4 year old firmware may not be a good fit.

Here's the scoop. All the new apps for the DJ drones require higher end processors and more memory. Essentially, any Apple or Android product more than 2 years old will probably not have the processing power to run the app without issues

Additionally, since there are so many low prices Android products, (Amazon Fire and others), even newer Android products may lack the power to run the app.

The reason so many people tout the Apples, is that the lowest iPad mini and other iPads have sufficient power.

The Note 8 is an older, lower end tablet. Good at the time, but will not run a high resolution app.

A Samsung tab 3 will work fine. The newer Samsung phones are good. Check the specs.

Running a 2017 sophisticated drone with 4 year old firmware may not be a good fit.
Interesting....my iPad Air 1 and iPhone 5s, both of which have identical processing specs, run the latest iOS and the latest Go app both operate flawlessly....Am I doing something wrong?

I use a Note 8 tablet with my P3A and the DJI Go app and have never had any problems at all.

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Fimaj