Is Safety the Top Priority?

Status
Not open for further replies.
You have barely been a member a week. And who said anything about being out of money, or blaming someone.

Btw, that reminds me, I have been a member of this website a long time. Never once do I remember someone being disrespectful with fellow hobbyist, especially like it is now.

Him being s member for a week doesn't change the fact that he is right.

And you being a forum member for a long time know that a thread like this is going to get people in an uproar. You asked for it. I think YOU are disrespectful for posting this nonsense

I'm still on firmware 1.1.9, it hover good 3 weeks ago, but can't fly it, cuz it's been to hot here, over 110°. Flying the P2 now cuz it can handle heat, it has less tech with no needed fans, had alot of fun with the P3A with no problems, other than its too fast for my thumb going left and right, watched a good video on adjusting that, and can't wait to try it out.

You have barely been a member a week. And who said anything about being out of money, or blaming someone.

Btw, that reminds me, I have been a member of this website a long time. Never once do I remember someone being disrespectful with fellow hobbyist, especially like it is now.

Ironic how you talk about disrespect yet you seem to be the one disrespecting others.

My point about money and blame was that people have been crashing these for a long time, just because they recently updated to a new firmware does not mean that is the cause. You imply that the firmware is why this product is unsafe, yet it is typically the pilot's fault.

Just saying, trying to discredit someone's point because "[they] have only been a member a week" is terribly dumb.

Who's to say he hasn't been lurking for 2 years? His point isn't any less or any more valid because he's only been posting for a week. ;/

edit: lol too late, Julius already got the point

Reactions: Julius717
You've changed the title, however quite frankly:

"Is that what it takes before someone with half a brain realizes a Phantom 3 with Firmware 1.2.6 currently is able to drop from the sky right on a infant in a stroller being pushed through the local public park?"

Is not a start to a thread, or a meaningful discussion.

Your entire post is full of bad sensationalist argument techniques that are so devoid and opposed to fact as to suggest that any response is more or less impossible.

There ARE discussions here about issues with the firmware update. The jury is out on it. At best some people are experiencing it and those people, for the most part, are doing the sensible thing and pausing flying or sending it in for repair.

You've listed a number of crashes, however I'm not sure that any have been proven to be from faulty firmware and those that are reasonably SUSPECTED of being so are as you would expect with any other crash or random failure. Into a tree, down to the ground etc. Also the vast majority of the people that are reporting issues (which does not appear to be the majority of owners) are seeing their craft acting less than perfect and either landing early or crashing early. They typically aren't flying along perfectly and then suddenly plummeting with no warning.

Suddenly plummeting without warning IS possible for any number of reason, which is why we are supposed to be sensible and safe with how we fly. That includes suffering the annoyance of grounding our bird if anything seems off. It is also why flying a quadcopter under perfect situations is always a calculated, but real, risk. One that presumably and hopefully all owners are aware of and understand.

I'm not a DJI fanboy. Indications are that while fine for me there are some issues for some people with this update and to be honest their engagement around that is less than good.

This thread however... I fail to understand why it still exists and is still open. It is not in any way a discussion. Phrases like "Anyone who has or has raised children such as myself tends to be a little more cautious when it comes to safety." is a deliberate argumentum ad passiones that I take offense to as a parent. In fact many of the variations of argumentum ad passiones are covered here.

I typically just try and ignore threads like this one but this one is particularly egregious.

In answer to the amended thread title I'm hopeful that safety is OUR top priority. That said if it was we would have wheels not propellers. More correctly risk mitigation should be one of our top priorities.

Reactions: NickCopter
I would have to agree with you on this @caffeinated. There is very little constructive dialog here and it is ripe for abuse. I am sure @flyNfrank has everyones best interest at heart here although this thread was probably not a very good way to convey it. We can only assume DJI is concerned with safety and is working on a firmware update that will correct the issues some of you are having. And with that this thread has run it's course.

2rf90ts.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jrl