Is Safety the Top Priority?

Status
Not open for further replies.
What page of topics in this forum since the release of 1.2.6 does not contain a thread of someones quad falling from the sky? I can understand you not visiting each and every thread, but how could you miss them?
I asked because I'm aware of plenty of complaints about minor glitches but I can't remember any serious suggestions that these firmware glitches are mission critical or are likely to cause your Phantom to fall from the sky.

Speaking of...has anyone actually tried doing this? I was thinking about it the other day. I mean, it could be that the firmware version check that prevents you from installing old versions simply checks the name...worth a try anyway. Do at your own risk of course...

I really would not suggest trying unless you know for a fact that you will never send your quad in for warranty. Everything you do with the P3 is logged in a file that can not be edited. I tried loading older firmware and it was logged on each attempt.

The title of this should be changed from the obvious click-bait that it is now.
@flyNfrank if you are so passionate about this and want to get the word out why the sensationalistic title?

Reactions: dirkclod
I really would not suggest trying unless you know for a fact that you will never send your quad in for warranty. Everything you do with the P3 is logged in a file that can not be edited. I tried loading older firmware and it was logged on each attempt.

Ohh interesting. Logged in a file that cannot be edited? Sounds like a challenge haha! Where was this file?

FnF,

I totally agree with your sentiment and concerns... 100%.

BUT... you [proverbial] should not be operating any kind of r/c aircraft in or near public parks or tennis courts.
Can anyone link (point) to any govt., or otherwise, documentation condoning such?

I would never fly my r/c 'plank' or CP-heli in these areas let alone an aircraft with 4X props.
Exactly we never flew trainers to speed prop planes over people. Any RC you put up in the air could fail at any time why have it happen over someone?

Lol. I have new firmware and no issue I fly high and far every day. So does my good friend no issues what so ever.

Threads like this are useless. Sell it and buy a 3dr or something. Stop whining

Reactions: Kman
Do you have that through your homeowner's policy (rider) or is that a separate policy? If so through who? I contacted one company that offers UAV insurance but it was almost $1500 a year which is more than I want to pay.
State farm, it's separate from the home owners policy, but I have that with them also, which they generally have many holes IMO. I believe the coverage ranges typically $1mm and upwards. I believe the annual cost is less than $250 maybe way less can't remember.

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

The title of this should be changed from the obvious click-bait that it is now.
@flyNfrank if you are so passionate about this and want to get the word out why the sensationalistic title?

I'm not sure what else would fit under the situation. If someone dies there most obviously will be a law suit. You know the same thing happens when there is numerous crashes at intersection that result in a fatality. We finally had a traffic signal installed around a 1/2 mile from me last year. It took 3 fatalities before it was realized maybe a traffic light in that location was a good idea.

Any suggestions, LuvMyTJ?

I asked because I'm aware of plenty of complaints about minor glitches but I can't remember any serious suggestions that these firmware glitches are mission critical or are likely to cause your Phantom to fall from the sky.

Ok so I only looked back like 2 days and this is what came up just for those 2 days. As I remember going through the list, the 2nd link is debatable. It flipped after hitting something. The others clearly point out a firmware issue that has an effect on flight with a result of a crash. I'm sure many more can be found going beyond 2 days. And that is just what comes from this site not including others such as DJI.com has a list as well.

http://www.phantompilots.com/thread...h-flightrecord-vid-p-2-logdata-csv-p-3.47104/

http://www.phantompilots.com/threads/drone-down-drone-found.47169/

http://www.phantompilots.com/threads/phantom-3-crashed.47144/

http://www.phantompilots.com/threads/unstable-p3p-fight.46955/#post-437748

http://www.phantompilots.com/threads/phantom-3-pro-just-crashed-what-do-i-do.46902/

http://www.phantompilots.com/threads/p3a-crash-any-ideas.47003/

All I have to say is that Correlation is not causation.

People were crashing these daily before the firmware update came out. When you are frustrated and out $1000+ it is easy to want to blame anything but yourself. I am more worried about some idiot crashing into me in a 2000+ lb car to be honest.

I second the request to change the title from obvious clickbait (myself, as I'm sure others, expected detail of the unfortunate news something in the title occurred). I suggest a more appropriate title of "Should we fear lawsuit & death?" I mean really, once clicking, then we are subjected to your fear of phantoms falling from the sky onto babies. What about the whales...or puppies...or kittens. Don't chop up the kittens, let's roll back the firmware. I do jest, but let's tone down the dramatics, or at least change the title, so people reading can know what they are in for before they click.

A couple of suggestions: "Phantoms falling from the sky killing babies?", "Should I fear killing a kid playing tennis?". "Explain to me why no one with half a brain can't just rename our incremental upgrade version numbers". "Are 5year olds in danger because simple things aren't being done?", "P3Ps made safe and stable in mere minutes, unless I'm wrong."

Ok, those are all overly dramatic...but they are your words, and fears...not mine. I'd go with my first suggestion "Should we fear lawsuits or death?". I know I'd have saved a few minutes reading your clickbait...and better off for it.

Lol. I have new firmware and no issue I fly high and far every day. So does my good friend no issues what so ever.

Threads like this are useless. Sell it and buy a 3dr or something. Stop whining

It's obvious your are ignorant to the issues at hand. Why waste your time even reading this thread. If you don't have anything nice to say......

It's obvious your are ignorant to the issues at hand. Why waste your time even reading this thread. If you don't have anything nice to say......

Lmao. Ignorant because I'm not having issues and you're crying a drone is gonna fall and kill kids. Absolutely ridiculous. Waste of thread space.

You swear like drones are falling left and right. Tens of thousands of these are out there and a handful are having issues. But majority are out flying while you're here crying.

All I have to say is that Correlation is not causation.

People were crashing these daily before the firmware update came out. When you are frustrated and out $1000+ it is easy to want to blame anything but yourself. I am more worried about some idiot crashing into me in a 2000+ lb car to be honest.

You have barely been a member a week. And who said anything about being out of money, or blaming someone.

Btw, that reminds me, I have been a member of this website a long time. Never once do I remember someone being disrespectful with fellow hobbyist, especially like it is now.

I'm just back from flying all 6 of my batteries! That's a LOT of flying! Winds were 15-25, but I had no trouble whatsoever. Well, a little drifting, for sure. I've flown so many times since the 1.2.6 firmware update that I can't remember how far I've flown on it! Sorry for a happy, satisfied report, but there are MANY of us out here!

I second the request to change the title from obvious clickbait (myself, as I'm sure others, expected detail of the unfortunate news something in the title occurred). I suggest a more appropriate title of "Should we fear lawsuit & death?" I mean really, once clicking, then we are subjected to your fear of phantoms falling from the sky onto babies. What about the whales...or puppies...or kittens. Don't chop up the kittens, let's roll back the firmware. I do jest, but let's tone down the dramatics, or at least change the title, so people reading can know what they are in for before they click.

A couple of suggestions: "Phantoms falling from the sky killing babies?", "Should I fear killing a kid playing tennis?". "Explain to me why no one with half a brain can't just rename our incremental upgrade version numbers". "Are 5year olds in danger because simple things aren't being done?", "P3Ps made safe and stable in mere minutes, unless I'm wrong."

Ok, those are all overly dramatic...but they are your words, and fears...not mine. I'd go with my first suggestion "Should we fear lawsuits or death?". I know I'd have saved a few minutes reading your clickbait...and better off for it.

There I changed it. :)

Reactions: TAZ
Status
Not open for further replies.

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
shimuafeni fredrik