Is registration really that serious?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction score
You know those bubble pack GMRS and FRS radios you buy at WalMart? You're supposed to register with the FCC, nobody does.

Is this registration thing for the drones really that serious?

This is a serious question, I am not trying to stir up ****.

Last edited by a moderator:
I would suppose so with soo many drones in the air these days. If somebody does something dumb and crashes into a building or a crowd and causes damage, they need to know who to hold responsible.

better safe than sorry...and its only $5, They dont ask for much info.

Except for the blood type and dna part of the submission....I'm still waiting to hear back

......KIDDING!

You know those bubble pack GMRS and FRS radios you buy at WalMart? You're supposed to register with the FCC, nobody does.

How many radios do you see in the news colliding with planes and buildings?

How often do you see people get tickets for not registering their vehicles?

The FCC is not the FAA.

Reactions: Electro32
I'd say it's pretty serious. There's always going to be a drone hater waiting to report you for something. Don't be the guy to get fined $2,500 for failing to take the 2 minutes and $5 to properly register your craft.

Good advice here. Take it. It's free.
You do not have to be in an incident to get in trouble. Local law agencies have been alerted or advised to check for registration anytime they are asked to investigate complaints about drones even if you are not found to have been doing anything wrong.

It's virtually impossible to hurt someone with a radio unless you threw it at someone.

Good advice here. Take it. It's free.
You do not have to be in an incident to get in trouble. Local law agencies have been alerted or advised to check for registration anytime they are asked to investigate complaints about drones even if you are not found to have been doing anything wrong.

Well, they can ask but can't demand by law that you submit ANYTHING if no crime has been commited.

I'm not a law professional but I believe common drone violations are mostly civil. If you are SEEN or SUSPECTED of unsafe operation make sure you have your registration on your drone and in some other form for inspection.
This is taken from the FAA advisory to LEOs.
As I am unqualified to debate legal issues with you or anyone you should take a looksee at it.

If they see that your drone does not have a registration sticker, they can assume it is not registered, which would be a crime (or at least an infraction of the law)...right? At which point your failure to produce such registration results in a fine.

I don't get why people still seem to be fighting this. It literally took me less time to register my drone than it did to update the firmware.

Reactions: Phil56
Well, they can ask but can't demand by law that you submit ANYTHING if no crime has been commited.
If Law Enforcement pulls up on you while you are flying or probably possessing your drone. They can demand/ask to see your registration.

If they see that your drone does not have a registration sticker, they can assume it is not registered, which would be a crime (or at least an infraction of the law)...right? At which point your failure to produce such registration results in a fine.

Yeah that makes sense, I didn't realize there was a mandatory sticker.

This is why I started this thread.

Yeah that makes sense, I didn't realize there was a mandatory sticker.

This is why I started this thread.
A sticker is not required. Any method of reasonable durability is fine.

I don't get why people still seem to be fighting this. It literally took me less time to register my drone than it did to update the firmware.

I'm not fighting this, I am asking questions. What is so hard to understand about that?

This is not question. But I'm only publicly educated :confused:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
BobDan