Is P2 battery failure rate high or not

Reaction score
One thing about forums is you certainly read every bad thing that happens :) but not so often of the good. Are the failure rates on the P2 batteries really pretty bad or am I just reading of every one that dies sooner then it should.

For what it is worth, I am suspicious of the intelligent technology and would really like to be able to un-cork these batteries and care for them properly at $129 a pop. I have owned a RC race track and raced myself for years and know more than a little about the ultimate treatment and proper care of lipo batteries and this intelligent battery design is "NOT SO MUCH" in my mind. They may be doing the basic fundamentals of proper charging but with out monitoring the results and data on our part, I am not surprised of the failures. I also doubt they are selecting premium cells for our consumption either. There is a lot of potential profit in $129 batteries. There is a lot of things that can be done to improve the battery safety and performance if the control is given back to us. I do see the marketing advantage of the power tool plug in concept but I don't like it for this application and am thinking of a fix. Being in the injection molding business helps too.

I just want to get a feel of the failure rate before putting energy and money into a fix. Also would like to pay some inbound shipping if anyone has a cycled out but not destroyed P2 battery, just one you no longer trust.

Doug...

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jrl