Welcome to PhantomPilots.com

Is my FatShark Dom V2 "HD ready" ??

Discussion in 'Pro/Adv Discussion' started by Toddzilla, Jul 23, 2015.

1. Toddzilla

The FatShark Dominator V2 FPV goggle has a MICRO HDMI in connector/jack. Has anyone had experience with connecting this goggle to the Inspire transmitter HDMI out port? ie. does it work?? and...will it work with the HDMI module for the P3 if it ever arrives?

2. Toddzilla

I have seen earlier comments that it will not work, but then why does the goggle even have an HDMI in connector? What is it for?

3. Garry Williams

i plan on using my skyzone goggles when i get my HDMI board, which don,t have HDMI input, the way around this is to use a HDMI to AV converter,

4. dedstik

Based on the experience of Inspire pilots that I have talked to the FS Dominator V2's will not work with the P3 HDMI board. Yes, the Dom V2's do have an HDMI style input, however they do not support the native 720p resolution that the P3 and I1 produce. Too bad because I love my Dom V2's.

:harry

5. Toddzilla

Just looked this up on the FatShark website for the Dominator V2:

HDMI:

Supports 720x480

Battery:

1000mAh, 7.4V lithium polymer

Interface

3.5mm AV in/out port

Power in port

3.5mm 3p earphone port

MiniDIN4 data port (head tracking)

MicroSD

MicroHDMI

RF module

This seems to imply that a 720p HDMI output (from the yet to be seen HDMI module for our P3s) should yield a display on a Dom V2 if one uses a Mini HDMI to Micro HDMI cable to connect the two. My question above was: "Has anyone ACTUALLY done this OR have we simply assumed that there is no digital to analog capability built in to the Dom V2?"
    FatShark literature says that it should work. I hope so....have used my Dom V2 happily for many flights with my P2 + GP3black.

6. F6Rider

As long as FS conforms to the HDMI standard (I think they would have to) it should work with the P3 with the HDMI port, otherwise FS would have to me making the most colossal balls up of all time.

7. Toddzilla

F6 et al:

Hope you are right, The Dom V2 manual section on HDMI is as follows and certainly seems to say that a 720p HDMI signal thru the micro HDMI jack should be displayed by the goggle if the RF receiver is turned off.

HDMI input

The HDMI port can be connected to HDMI devices via an HDMI Micro cable (not included).

Best to first connect to the HDMI device then apply the power from the battery (allow the

HDMI device to initiate using power supplied through the cable by the host device before

powering goggles). Disconnect battery when switching between devices to clear the settings.

Note (1): Most HDMI connectivity issues are due to either incorrect monitor settings or faulty

HDMI cable. Before assuming the HDMI is defective, try with alternative HDMI sources and

alternative cables.

Note (2): Receiver needs to be powered off in HDMI mode to prevent conflicting signals

being sent to the display.

All of the above is moot since I don't think anyone but the beta testers have gotten the HDMI board yet (yes/no??)
    I have both the board and a HeadPlay on order and hope to be able to use my Dom V2 if the board arrives before the HeadPlay (GetFPV).

8. snerd

I'd be VERY interested in your review of the Headplays. As goofy as they look on the head, they look like a great FPV experience!

9. badawgie71

i hooked my DOM V2's up to my ACER iconia FHD tablet with hdmi out and they worked just fine.

10. Mmmope

What is the resolution out of the acer iconia?