P3 Firmware IS my BIRD BRICKED?

Reaction score
I updated my Phantom 3 PRO to the lastest firmware version...1.8, updated my DJIGO app to 2.7.2(IOS) and my controller thru my iPad. Now the bird refuses to talk to my my RC. Anyone have any suggestions? Can I downgrade everything or am I grounded until DJI fixes this?

I had so much grief upgrading firmware on my P3A but found a youtube vid that helped. I formatted my card on the computer not a card reader and unzipped the file on the computer then transferred it to the memory card and BAM it all worked for me. Been flying for last few days. Ya know, these birds are an expensive gadget that I cant justify but it is a hell of a lot of fun flying.

I just updated dji app it says 2.8.0 now

Sent from my iPhone using PhantomPilots mobile app

I had so much grief upgrading firmware on my P3A but found a youtube vid that helped. I formatted my card on the computer not a card reader and unzipped the file on the computer then transferred it to the memory card and BAM it all worked for me. Been flying for last few days. Ya know, these birds are an expensive gadget that I cant justify but it is a hell of a lot of fun flying.
Which youtube video? Went from a working bird this AM to a large expensive paper weight. The RC update seemed to go as it should but the craft is no go after 4 attempts using computer to card method and once using computer to card in bird. Yes I formatted the cards (tried it with two different)before use.

Last edited:
Rebinded
Here is what I get now. Two screen shots

Attachments

• DSCN0800.JPG
    DSCN0800.JPG
    239.5 KB · Views: 338
  • DSCN0801.JPG
    DSCN0801.JPG
    225.5 KB · Views: 355
SUCCESS. After reading that the card should be set to FAT32 I redid the download and extraction to a reformatted micro card set to FAT32 and the AC updated as it should. Will see if I can find where else I posted my issue. Now to calibrate everything and wait for the winds to calm back down.

When you go to file explorer and click on the SD card the window for that drive should come up, then click the tab drive tools and the window should show a format option, click on that and a window will pop up with what the size is, format, reformat option, allocation etc. click on the small window of the format and several options should pop up. This is the area you should also use to wipe clean the drive-card before loading the extracted bin file.
I am no expert on computer systems so I hope this will get you to what you need.

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wkflysaphan4