Is live view from P3A any better that Live View from P3 Standard

Reaction score
There has been a lot of talk about the quality of the live view on the P3A, as not being very good.
Is the live view on the Advanced any better than on the live view on the P3 Standard ?
The P3A is light bridge verses the Standard which uses Wi-fi like the Phantom 2 Vision +
Since the standard can now record in 1080P 60 FPS, there is even less reason to buy the advanced.

I use an I Phone 6+ and the live view is great. Of course even with a tablet the sun is always a problem even with a hood, on very clear days. If you can find a shady spot the live view is just fine. The videos are awesome on a laptop. The exposure adjustment from the app takes some experimenting, but with the dial you can adjust w/o distraction when flying. I have a P3A. Don't think the lightbridge is any better e
except for range.

Last edited:
I use an I Phone 6+ and the live view is great. Of course even with a tablet the sun is always a problem even with a hood, on very clear days. If you can find a shady spot the live view is just fine. The videos are awesome on a laptop. The exposure adjustment from the app takes some experimenting, but with the dial you can adjust w/o distraction when flying.

My reason for this post was to determine if the live view from the P3 Advanced is as good, or better, than the live view from the P3 Standard.

There have been so many posts that have been critical of the P3A verses the P3P live view.

I currently own a P3 Standard, and I am happy with the live view, but I seem to always loose the video feed, before I lose RC control (800-1400 feet)

I was hoping that the P3 Advanced would give me greater FPV range, with at least the same video quality

Anybody flown both the Advanced & Standard ?

I only have the P3A, but can make an educated guess based on the published specs. Both the P3A and the P3S are listed with a max video downlink bit rate of 2Mbps, so with a strong signal the FPV of both would likely be very similar. Since the P3A uses lightbridge, it's FPV range should far exceed that of the P3S. The P3A should be something in the neighborhood of 5x the transmission distance with the same quality.

My reason for this post was to determine if the live view from the P3 Advanced is as good, or better, than the live view from the P3 Standard.

There have been so many posts that have been critical of the P3A verses the P3P live view.

I currently own a P3 Standard, and I am happy with the live view, but I seem to always loose the video feed, before I lose RC control (800-1400 feet)

I was hoping that the P3 Advanced would give me greater FPV range, with at least the same video quality

Anybody flown both the Advanced & Standard ?

Both Adv and Std use 720HD stream with max 2mbs rate. This means similar quality in stream. The Std and Adv does use different optics so there could be a tiny difference in stream quality (negligible I reckon). What will be the nut cracker will be the technology in the stream method - wifi vs Lightbridge. Lightbridge will give you 5 times the range.

There has been a lot of talk about the quality of the live view on the P3A, as not being very good.
Is the live view on the Advanced any better than on the live view on the P3 Standard ?
The P3A is light bridge verses the Standard which uses Wi-fi like the Phantom 2 Vision +
As is common in forums, a lot of what you read is misinformed nitpicking about trivial details that make no real difference.
Whatever you've read suggesting a deficiency in the Advanced live view falls into that category.
Supposedly the Advanced has a lower bit rate and it makes a difference if viewing with goggles.
I've only flown the Advanced and can say that it's live view is outstanding.
It's clear and smooth with good detail and sharpness.
You'd have to find someone that's flown both to get a proper comparison.

i-nGrxgBC-L.png

Since the standard can now record in 1080P 60 FPS, there is even less reason to buy the advanced.
Have a look at the specs for Max Transmission Distance for the Advanced and the Standard.
Those are numbers that really do make a difference.

Try to find someone that can demo both for you to see what the real differences are rather than be swayed by forum chatter/

If you want greater video range, how's this?
Note it's in metres and this is not an abnormal distance. At least 50%more is common.
i-NpPbD55-L.png

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mactechnic