Is Litchi catering for object avoidance yet?

Reaction score
Like most people who do Litchi waypoint missions, one of my main worries is that one day I might miscalculate the height and collide with a tree or something. I've a P3A, but I hope soon to get a craft that has object avoidance.

It would be great if you could program Litchi to do something that ensured your bird came back even if it met an obstacle and object avoidance was triggered. A simple thing you could program in would be to reverse a predetermined distance, then ascend to a predetermined height, then carry on with the mission as usual. This would get you out of trouble most of the time. Do you think Litchi will be doing anything like this anytime soon?

Supposedly (according to Litchi) at least forward object avoidance already works, but I'm not sure what happens if an object is detected in the aircraft's path... does it just stop and hover indefinitely, sidestep (assuming horizontal avoidance had been previously turned on in DJI GO), or ..?

Last edited:
My point exactly: object avoidance is no good if your bird just hovers half a mile away with you wondering what is happening to it.

Below is a YouTube video showing a Litchi waypoint run that included rising terrain obstacles, and the aircraft did in fact avoid crashing (when it encountered ground level or bushes it kind of stopped and mushed around, but kept going.) However this doesn't show what would happen if you heading towards the side of a building or something... but be my guest and give it a try... :)

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
BobDan