Is LightBridge Actually 720p?

Before the P3 I was tempted to get the lightbridge set up. Mostly frustrated by the loss of video at distance. I lost a few $ selling my P2 to buy the P3, but it was far less than buying a lightbridge setup as a standalone. Interesting to know that the video is superior with the standalone version.

Mark

There's good reason why the stand alone light bridge system is still north of $1,300. The version of lightbridge you get with the P3 and an Inspire one I guess you could say is a scaled down or less capable version of the full on stand alone device. You could call it, Lightbridge Lite :)

Reactions: jcknows0
When I connect my Inspire Tx to my P3 and then the HDMI to my Atomos Ninja Blade, The Blade identifies the feed as 720p and it does not vary even when out 2K. The delay with the Lightbridge is typically 220ms. It is less through HDMI. I have not seen any difference in delay between my S900 with LB and GH4 over my P3.

When I connect my Inspire Tx to my P3 and then the HDMI to my Atomos Ninja Blade, The Blade identifies the feed as 720p and it does not vary even when out 2K. The delay with the Lightbridge is typically 220ms. It is less through HDMI. I have not seen any difference in delay between my S900 with LB and GH4 over my P3.
Tahoe Ed has too many toys! I can't keep mine all charged....:)

The inspire's 1 and phantom's 3 lightbridge if you compare it with the original lightbridge device it's like a baby lightbridge.
The version of lightbridge you get with the P3 and an Inspire one I guess you could say is a scaled down or less capable version of the full on stand alone device. You could call it, Lightbridge Lite :)
It may be a lower resolution but there's nothing scaled down or lite about the performance

No man there is believe me.To the original lightbridge device the video is very very smooth it is not loosing frames or maybe sometimes freezing like the phantom 3 and also it supports 60 frames per second video transmission.

Sent from my iPad Air using Tapatalk

I've personally not experienced any freezing. I wish we had a bit of zoom on the camera [emoji41][emoji106][emoji1]

Mark.

Eagerly awaiting those HDMI adapters!

There's good reason why the stand alone light bridge system is still north of $1,300. The version of lightbridge you get with the P3 and an Inspire one I guess you could say is a scaled down or less capable version of the full on stand alone device. You could call it, Lightbridge Lite :)

Litebridge?

No man there is believe me.To the original lightbridge device the video is very very smooth it is not loosing frames or maybe sometimes freezing like the phantom 3
Over what sort of range?
There have been examples of P3s working at 7 and 10 kilometres range.
Mine is smooth and doesn't lose frames. If yours isn't, that sounds more like an issue with your tablet rather than the Lightbridge.

Reactions: Apparition
Over what sort of range?
There have been examples of P3s working at 7 and 10 kilometres range.
Mine is smooth and doesn't lose frames. If yours isn't, that sounds more like an issue with your tablet rather than the Lightbridge.
Man i'm going to tell you for one more time the lightbridge unit is much better than the phantom 3 and inspire 1,what do you don't understand?I am electronics engineer and i am very experience with the drones.Until now i have seen many phantoms's 3 and all have the same issues with the video,it's not smooth and some times loosing frames and freezing, my the same i have all the ipads (mini 3,air 1 and air 2) and the video its not smooth like my lightbridge.There is not any problem with my P3 until now i fly 6,2 KM(3,8M) max. distance with mine.With my P2 with lightbridge i install helical antennas and i fly max. distance 5KM with rock solid video.There is a guy who install helical antennas and amplifiers to his lightbridge unit and he fly max. distance 15,2KM!Here is the video:
To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

Man i'm going to tell you for one more time the lightbridge unit is much better than the phantom 3 and inspire 1,what do you don't understand?I am electronics engineer and i am very experience with the drones.Until now i have seen many phantoms's 3 and all have the same issues with the video,it's not smooth and some times loosing frames and freezing, my the same i have all the ipads (mini 3,air 1 and air 2) and the video its not smooth like my lightbridge.There is not any problem with my P3 until now i fly 6,2 KM(3,8M) max. distance with mine.With my P2 with lightbridge i install helical antennas and i fly max. distance 5KM with rock solid video.There is a guy who install helical antennas and amplifiers to his lightbridge unit and he fly max. distance 15,2KM!Here is the video:
To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

Helical or Circular Polarized antennas are always going to have better overall performance with stability and such vs standard dipoles / linear antennas. Swapping out the antennas on a Phantom 3 to all CP antennas will dramatically improve it's reliability and reception leaps and bounds above it's stock out of the box performance. Although it still wont change that the stand alone unit most likely transmits higher speeds than the P3 and Inspire 1 Lightbridge units. Kind of like comparing maybe a 150mbps wifi router to a 300mbps. The faster system will always have noticeable improved performance over the slower one at a given signal strength which means less dropped frames or higher quality video in general.

Man i'm going to tell you for one more time the lightbridge unit is much better than the phantom 3 and inspire 1,what do you don't understand?I am electronics engineer and i am very experience with the drones.
Why don't you understand that a $1300 one trick pony should perform better than a $999 or $1259 RTF quad? It's not rocket surgery.

I've had no framerate issues with my P3, I've been out over 3 miles and the only problem I had was battery capacity. No problems with video signal. I'm sure if I used a tablet vs my iphone 6 that any quality issues would be easier to perceive. The P3 with it's neutered lightbridge is leaps and bounds better than the P2 with its wifi dongle stupidity.

Reactions: Steiger21
I
Why don't you understand that a $1300 one trick pony should perform better than a $999 or $1259 RTF quad? It's not rocket surgery.

I've had no framerate issues with my P3, I've been out over 3 miles and the only problem I had was battery capacity. No problems with video signal. I'm sure if I used a tablet vs my iphone 6 that any quality issues would be easier to perceive. The P3 with it's neutered lightbridge is leaps and bounds better than the P2 with its wifi dongle stupidity.
I understand better than you some other guys here don't understand.Have you ever seen any lightbridge system?I guess not that's why you think the video of the phantom 3 is perfect.I have not any reason to say the phantom 3 it's not good drone i believe it's the best for it's money,i also have one P3P,i just say the video transmission of the lightbridge devise is way better than the P3P or the I1 because it's full hd 1920x1080 and also it's 60 frames per second.

I

I understand better than you some other guys here don't understand.Have you ever seen any lightbridge system?I guess not that's why you think the video of the phantom 3 is perfect.I have not any reason to say the phantom 3 it's not good drone i believe it's the best for it's money,i also have one P3P,i just say the video transmission of the lightbridge devise is way better than the P3P or the I1 because it's full hd 1920x1080 and also it's 60 frames per second.
Well, let us know when you hack your lightbridge to work with the P3. I'm sure you'll have it figured out in no time.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Pauos31