Is LightBridge Actually 720p?

I bought a better USB cable between my phone and the RC. It was the phone's issue (loose, old USB port). The new cable has a better, more reliable connection, with a higher data rate. And I regularly clear the Pilot App's data and cache, as well as rebooting the phone occasionally, keeping other apps to a minimum. Lags and stuttering are rare now; it's glass-smooth most of the time. The mobile phones and tablets are multi-purpose devices that get overheated and overloaded. They seem to be the weak link in this chain. But as most of these posts say: for this price, the technology and capability are astonishing, regardless! The pictures and videos are worth it!!

Reactions: Pumpfixer
I bought a better USB cable between my phone and the RC. It was the phone's issue (loose, old USB port). The new cable has a better, more reliable connection, with a higher data rate. And I regularly clear the Pilot App's data and cache, as well as rebooting the phone occasionally, keeping other apps to a minimum. Lags and stuttering are rare now; it's glass-smooth most of the time. The mobile phones and tablets are multi-purpose devices that get overheated and overloaded. They seem to be the weak link in this chain. But as most of these posts say: for this price, the technology and capability are astonishing, regardless! The pictures and videos are worth it!!
I am also using one of the 12" non-Apple cables from Amazon.

I'm now planning to try a proper Apple cable, as I too have been underwhelmed on the video quality.

Yeah pretty shoddy on my devices too, very blocky at times even if it's very close. Not sure why people would want to use the Director to make movies from the video that gets cached to the tablet. OK for a quick review, but not really for sharing especially when you have the high quality recording on the phantom's sd card.

Actually, I'd like to see someone's cached video on a device that is supposedly buttery smooth on FPV - perhaps some of us aren't getting the best experience

Yeah pretty shoddy on my devices too, very blocky at times even if it's very close. Not sure why people would want to use the Director to make movies from the video that gets cached to the tablet. OK for a quick review, but not really for sharing especially when you have the high quality recording on the phantom's sd card.

Actually, I'd like to see someone's cached video on a device that is supposedly buttery smooth on FPV - perhaps some of us aren't getting the best experience

I've got cached video which I used to make a quick director video. It was all buttery smooth, albeit not the best quality. (I'd say it is just below true 720p, and not quite as sharp). Looks quite good on the Ipad screen though. I used an Ipad mini 2, and the bird was only a maximum of 200m away on that run.

Clear cache and data here? Like this?
image.jpg

I've noticed that the video feed quality is much better when you have the video/still mode switch in the Pilot app in video mode.

Reactions: SouthernPhantom
Clear cache and data here? Like this?View attachment 24044
On the Android, once in a while, I go into the phone's application manager and clear the application's data and cache that way. It depends on your own experience. If your phone/tablet is working well, there's no need to. If the signal gets jumpy or laggy, it's one of several things you can try. The goal is to keep your phone's processor and memory as dedicated as possible to the flight at hand, and not load it up with anything else. Some people keep the Internet on long enough to grab the map at the beginning of the flight, and then switch it to airplane mode after the Phantom takes of and stabilizes.

I am also using one of the 12" non-Apple cables from Amazon.

I tired both a 12" non- Apple cable as well as my wife's brand new iPhone 6 cable. No difference that I could see. Video blocky in both. Not a train wreck, but was hoping for HD like quality.

Mark.

I'm still flying my phantom 2 with lightbridge system and i can tell you the picture quality is much better than the picture quality of my phantom 3.The original lightbridge system supports full hd picture transmission 1920x1080 and also has less latency than phantom's 3 video transmission (only 80 ms).

I'm still flying my phantom 2 with lightbridge system and i can tell you the picture quality is much better than the picture quality of my phantom 3.The original lightbridge system supports full hd picture transmission 1920x1080 and also has less latency than phantom's 3 video transmission (only 80 ms).

That's interesting. Did you compare both side by side?

Wasn't the lightbridge add on to the P2 the same cost as an entire P3...?

Mark.

That's interesting. Did you compare both side by side?

Wasn't the lightbridge add on to the P2 the same cost as an entire P3...?

Mark.
How to compare it side by side?I fly one at the time and i'm telling you the picture quality of the original lightbridge device is much much better than the picture quality of the phantom 3.And it's not only the quality but also the the video of the original lightbridge device is very smooth doesn't loosing frames like the phantom's 3 video.

How to compare it side by side?I fly one at the time and i'm telling you the picture quality of the original lightbridge device is much much better than the picture quality of the phantom 3.And it's not only the quality but also the the video of the original lightbridge device is very smooth doesn't loosing frames like the phantom's 3 video.

So you own both a P2 w/ lightbridge and a P3...?

It's not so much that the video is bad on the P3, it's just that I had expected HD like quality. Is the P2 video w/ lightbridge HD quality? What tablet or phone are you using to view it?

Mark.

So you own both a P2 w/ lightbridge and a P3...?

It's not so much that the video is bad on the P3, it's just that I had expected HD like quality. Is the P2 video w/ lightbridge HD quality? What tablet or phone are you using to view it?

Mark.
Yes i have both the P2 with lightbridge and the P3 pro.The video on the phantom 3 is very good quality i think it's 720p hd video, i just say the video of the lightbridge is better 1080p full hd quality.With my phantom 2 i'm using hdmi 10" monitor and for my phantom 3 i have the ipad mini 3 the ipad air 1 and recently i bought the ipad air 2 which i believe is the best of all of them.

Before the P3 I was tempted to get the lightbridge set up. Mostly frustrated by the loss of video at distance. I lost a few $ selling my P2 to buy the P3, but it was far less than buying a lightbridge setup as a standalone. Interesting to know that the video is superior with the standalone version.

Mark

The inspire's 1 and phantom's 3 lightbridge if you compare it with the original lightbridge device it's like a baby lightbridge.

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cgarner1