Is it safe ?

Reaction score
Hi guys is it safe enough to fly without doing an update on the craft? Taking it on holidays and might not get the time to update before I go!

Sent from my iPhone using PhantomPilots mobile app

The only firmware that is not safe is 1.5. Other than that, you can ignore the firmware update prompts if you don't want to install them. The current firmware is working perfectly fine for most everyone though.

Thanks for the speedy reply! Would you mind sending me a link which shows you how to update using an Apple Mac please? Also I'm starting with a blank sd card which I assume is correct?

You can find detailed firmware installation instructions here.

Hi guys is it safe enough to fly without doing an update on the craft? Taking it on holidays and might not get the time to update before I go!

If all is currently working well for you, in my opinion it's better to not make any changes just before a critical need such as a vacation, holiday, or important job. I can't tell you how many times I have read on this forum that someone decided to update something right before they needed it and then had problems. Chances are all will be fine, but if all is already working why take the risk right before a critical need? One exception is FW 1.5 as @msinger noted. Good luck with whatever you decide. Cheers!

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cgarner1