is it safe to upgrade to 2312's yet

Reaction score
i do apologise, i know its been discussed alot on here but i've lost track due to various threads & excess posts. So have all the issues (melting wires & esc) been resolved for the 2312 motors, & i assume its the 2.1 esc's i'll need to go with them

many thanks, & again sorry for having to ask

I really don't think you need to replace the motor wires if you use the new esc. I replaced my esc and use the new motors.
Do you really think all the new v3s with the new 2.1 esc need their motor wires replaced ? Just put the new esc in when you upgrade the motors.

p fandango said:
mad in nc said:
look at this thread..

http://www.phantompilots.com/viewtopic.php?f=27&t=32368&start=650

You also need the new ESC V2.1
thanks, so looks like the motor wires still need replacing

The motor wires are part of the motor - they are would around the armature. So you cannot "replace" the wires.

All you need to do is inspect them and make sure

1) the coloured sleeving (which is actually heatshrink) is not damaged
2) the wires are no touching each other
3) the wires are not routed over the MOSFETs

If the sleeving is damaged, replace it. Mine were not damaged, but I put new heatshrink over the old for added security.

You dont necessarily need the 2.1 ESCs, but you do need ESCs which are compatible with your motors.

Whether or not you upgrade from 2.0 ESCs to 2.1 ESC is purely a psychological argument which has to be had with oneself. The reason I say this is that advice from DJI suppliers is that there is no reason to change (and I wasnt asking them to do it) and according to them DJI have not issued any notices that there is a problem. Also I have done 30+ flights with unlabelled ESCs which are 2.0 at best, driving the 2312 motors and have not had an issue.

Having said that, ...... I lost the argument with myself and upgraded mine to 2.1s last week :)

Note that the power cable which is soldered onto the main board from the ESC is (or was in my case) plastered in glue. It is important to remove all the solder before soldering in the new ESC with fresh solder because the joint will otherwise be suspect.

Also worth inspecting all ESC solder joints too.

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Fimaj