Is it safe to upgrade a Naza V1 Phantom to 4.0? Do I want to

Reaction score
Title says it all. I heard of issues initially. I am not going to update to Naza V2 but it seems updating software to 4.0 could be worth it. what's the consensus on this?

Re: Is it safe to upgrade a Naza V1 Phantom to 4.0? Do I wan

I have been running 4.0 for weeks with no issues...except IOC does not work and neither does the distance limits. Other than that it is great.

miskatonic said:
I have been running 4.0 for weeks with no issues...except IOC does not work and neither does the distance limits. Other than that it is great.

I will need to give IOC another try but Im sure it was working for me, though I never use it really I did try it when first testing out the new firmware. I did find the distance limit bug but IOC did work I think :lol: .

Fly's great overall but if your current version is flying well then you may aswell stay with it until the next firmware that should fix the distance limit bug. Easy enough to just set this to a point way out of range and it wont be an issue, the height limit works fine but now that I just go OSD I am going to disable both these functions anyway even if they both worked properly.

miskatonic said:

The above post made me chuckle miskatonic......... Its like selling a car - "The car? Yep its in perfect working order, a real gem! you will love it! .... I mean the speedo doesn't work and the doors fall off but other than that its mint"

As a 3.14 man still my stance is if it ain't broke don't try to fix it (yet)... until the next Firmware is proved to fix it. Of course if you need Zenmuse support then that is a different matter.

I was in 3.12 by 3 months. Great version. 1 month ago i upgraded to 4.00. More than 50 flights since that. No issues, except my horizontal limits is set to 30000 mts. Faster and easier satellite lock for GPS. Rock solid hovering. GPS max speed was reduced to around 25 mph, but in ATTI mode i have reached 55 mph. No ZenMuse here (Arris CM2000 and GoodLuckyBuy gimbals working great) ;)

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cgarner1