Is it possible?

Reaction score
Hey guys, I have a outdoor tv. I'm wondering if it's possible to use a USB to USB from my controller to my laptop then hdmi to the tv to use as a visual monitor. I'm sure I would need a program or app for the laptop. I use a iPad to fly and my laptop is windows based. Sorry if this question is a waste of time but I thought I would ask before I try it? Thanks

Sent from my iPad using PhantomPilots

Hello, any particular reason why you want to use a laptop instead directly connecting from RC HDMI to TV ? To avoid buying HDMI module? Because the setup you're suggesting looks complicated and might have latency...

Sent from my iPhone using PhantomPilots

Last edited:
Hey guys, I have a outdoor tv. I'm wondering if it's possible to use a USB to USB from my controller to my laptop then hdmi to the tv to use as a visual monitor. I'm sure I would need a program or app for the laptop. I use a iPad to fly and my laptop is windows based. Sorry if this question is a waste of time but I thought I would ask before I try it? Thanks

I've learned they do make a USB to HDMI adapter (I'm sure I saw one at my local Microcenter, in Fairfax, VA).

Hello, any particular reason why you want to use a laptop instead directly connecting from RC HDMI to TV ? To avoid buying HDMI module? Because the setup you're suggesting looks complicated and might have latency...

No reason. I didn't know of any other options.

The USB to HDMI is basically a USB based graphics card to use on a laptop/pc and requires driver software to run on the PC.
How do you plan to get video from the controller to the laptop? I don't think there's software for a PC to link with the controller. You certainly can't connect the USB HDMI adapter.

Sent from my HTC 10 using PhantomPilots mobile app

This would be the solution for you
ecbc10d6edfa0674cf13feb79ea24bc3.jpg

Short answer is no it won't work.

Either get the HDMI addon (as per the above post) or use an Nvidia Shield (which has a mini HDMI output).

The USB to HDMI is basically a USB based graphics card to use on a laptop/pc and requires driver software to run on the PC.
How do you plan to get video from the controller to the laptop? I don't think there's software for a PC to link with the controller. You certainly can't connect the USB HDMI adapter.

Sent from my HTC 10 using PhantomPilots mobile app

I think you are correct. I don't think there is a software available. That was part of what I was wondering. I think I can mirror my iPad on the tv. That may be a way to try. I'm not sure about how much lag there may be.

Channel is NeverMindYourOwn
This guy (not me) is Phantom passionate and share lot of experience. I don't know him personally, I just like he's style and the way he explore, as well candid feedbacks and no sponsors as far I know. With him you can learn and fly safe (ie right behaviors with long distance flights).

Edit, don't miss: CHALLENGE: can I fly my drone 8km to my holiday house...

Last edited:
Reactions: Jshank
Screen mirroring the mobile device is one idea, but the TV would show the app functions. If you're OK with that, then that certainly would be a solution.
I was able to "throw" my flight recordings from my Samsung Tab E to my TV via Amazon Fire TV Stick.

Reactions: Jshank

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DonT