Is It Possible To Unlock A Stadium NFZ With The Geo System?

Reaction score
Hi... I'm wondering if it's possible to unlock a stadium no fly zone using the Geo system - I've been getting a lot of mixed messages from my internet searches on the subject. I fly in Pittsburgh, and both Heinz Field and PNC Park have (ludicrously oversized) no fly zones around them. Unfortunately, trying to unlock in advance doesn't work, because the zones don't actually appear on the Geo map, so I can't select them. Trying to unlock on site prompted me to submit proof of authorization, but in this case I don't even know who I would get that from - the Steelers/Pirates? The stadium authority? Local police?

Has anyone successfully unlocked a stadium no fly zone? If so, how? For the record I do NOT want to fly anywhere near the stadiums themselves, nor do I want to fly when they're occupied whether I'm near them or not. It's just that the (again ludicrously oversized) zone around Heinz Field blocks most of the area around the point, ruining the best views of the city and preventing me from flying in what would otherwise be perfectly legal and safe airspace.

Any help or experience you could share would be welcome. Thanks!

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
shimuafeni fredrik