Is It Possible To Switch Control Stick Sides?

Reaction score
Left stick go where right stick is and right stick to the left. As an avid video gamer my muscle memory of what the control scheme is on my phantom vision is, is swamped from what would feel more natural for me. I can probably eventually over time reset my muscle memory for the phantom. I already have decent control over but every now and then I still find myself hitting the wrong stick and not doing what I was intending to do. This forces me to immediately stop what I'm doing, think and regain my bearings on the controls. I don't have trouble with controlling basic movements but will have an occasional hicup and more complex maneuvers feel unatural and harder to pull off because I have to think harder about my movements. (In short I don't feel like it's like driving, in referring to the "the car is an extension of myself" thing... Just to use an example.

Solidus said:
Left stick go where right stick is and right stick to the left. As an avid video gamer my muscle memory of what the control scheme is on my phantom vision is, is swamped from what would feel more natural for me. I can probably eventually over time reset my muscle memory for the phantom. I already have decent control over but every now and then I still find myself hitting the wrong stick and not doing what I was intending to do. This forces me to immediately stop what I'm doing, think and regain my bearings on the controls. I don't have trouble with controlling basic movements but will have an occasional hicup and more complex maneuvers feel unatural and harder to pull off because I have to think harder about my movements. (In short I don't feel like it's like driving, in referring to the "the car is an extension of myself" thing... Just to use an example.

*off the top of my head*

I remember seeing a section in the software that allows for assigning different functions to the sticks. I don't know if you can completely reverse them though. Give it a look.

Yes. Hook the TX to the RC Assistant and there you can switch between Mode 1 and Mode 2. I think you are looking for Mode 1 as Mode 2 is the default with throttle and yaw on the left and LRFB on the right.

Solidus said:

Find a good psychiatrist

Reactions: tml4191
Mode 1 swaps the vertical channels only (throttle, elevator/pitch).

Mode 4 is the total swap but not available via DJI firmware.

I believe you can open the Tx and perform the swap by swapping the cables.

Maybe someone will remember the link to the post or thread.

Prylar Bek said:
Find a good psychiatrist

Lol!

Anyways thanks for the responses. Will look into some of the suggestions when I get home, will update with any results.

Solidus said:
Prylar Bek said:
Find a good psychiatrist

Lol!

Anyways thanks for the responses. Will look into some of the suggestions when I get home, will update with any results.

Glad to see someone here has a sense of humor!!!!! :lol:

Prylar Bek said:
Solidus said:
Prylar Bek said:
Find a good psychiatrist

Lol!

Glad to see someone here has a sense of humor!!!!! :lol:

Would have pressed rep button if I could find one on these forums. Either these forums don't have one or not on mobile version for smart phones

Milly said:
I must admit, I would find it much easier for hand catching if the shut down throttle was on the right hand side.

Do you have a lanyard? This simple $2 item can make all the difference, that's one of the things the little silver tab on the front of the RC is for I personally catch the Phantom with my right hand and work throttle with the left it's pretty simple... but any type of hand catching is a challenge if you're holding the full weight of the RC (and possibly a FPV screen and such) in your hand. let a lanyard do the work

Well, I followed a connection of wires leading from the sticks to a circuit board. I swapped at where the connections lead to. In theory the operations of the sticks should be switched. Now I just need some better non snowy weather to fly in.

Prylar Bek said:
Solidus said:

Find a good psychiatrist

I had one. After every session, I left more depressed than when I went there! He is good as in no time, I didn't need a shrink anymore!

My theory holds. M.D.s become shrinks as they are screwed up themselves! This one,actually said he didn't think he would make a good general medicine doctor as he would have to deal with patients every day! DUH! When I greeted him and asked how he was doing, he would say: "Not too bad." No, he wasn't joking! I'm not making this up!

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jody.paugh@fullerandsons.