Is it possible to set an altitude limit?

Reaction score
My daughter and I are learning to fly a P2. We'd like to practice a little in our backyard without worrying about it going too high, the neighbors being concerned about privacy(we have the gimbal, but it's not attached and we don't have a GoPro anyway), and any other mishaps from learning to fly.

Ideally we'd go to a local park to practice, but our day to day schedule doesn't always permit that. If I can limit the altitude, that would allow us more feasibly to get some basic control practice in at home. If this is possible, does it need to be set every time the unit is turned on?

Thanks.

My daughter and I are learning to fly a P2. We'd like to practice a little in our backyard without worrying about it going too high, the neighbors being concerned about privacy(we have the gimbal, but it's not attached and we don't have a GoPro anyway), and any other mishaps from learning to fly.

Ideally we'd go to a local park to practice, but our day to day schedule doesn't always permit that. If I can limit the altitude, that would allow us more feasibly to get some basic control practice in at home. If this is possible, does it need to be set every time the unit is turned on?

Thanks.

You can find the limit settings in the P2 software under the advanced tab. There are three limit categories Distance, Flight, and Go Home Altitude.

Limits.png
Flight Limits.png
Go Home Altitude.png

Hey thanks. I'll give this a try. Is the go home altitude specifically the altitude it will climb/descend to for returning home?

Yes for both failsafe and RTH.

I managed to get to the screen, but it seems it would not let me make the low adjustment that I wanted such as not to fly higher than 2 meters.

I managed to get to the screen, but it seems it would not let me make the low adjustment that I wanted such as not to fly higher than 2 meters.

When you make adjustment to the first and last limits the settings will be in red and the enter key will set the new settings.

Correct. That's what I did. However after entering my values and pressing enter it did not seem to want to let me keep those entered values and instead changed to 20 m for height. It wouldn't allow me to go any lower.

Correct. That's what I did. However after entering my values and pressing enter it did not seem to want to let me keep those entered values and instead changed to 20 m for height. It wouldn't allow me to go any lower.

Try changing the distance limits height first to see if that can be changed. The go home limit is for the failsafe limit and at 20m that is too low unless you're in an open field with no trees around for hundreds of meters.

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rockymountaincaptures