Is it possible to Fly in no-fly restricted area?

Be safe and not sorry. Find another location to fly. Flying with out GPS or home lock could lead to an accidental fly a way. Even though you go to the manual mode you Ned the safety of all functions just my two cents. Your Failsafe is you safety for getting her back. Without GPS who knows where she'll go if she gets away. Bye bye $$$$ Phantom.

Reactions: acherman
If the runway has been demolished and its no longer classified as an airport you should be able to demonstrate this to DJI. In which case raise a call with them and they may take the no fly zone away after investigation.

I have this same issue. The airport no longer exists, and has been sold to the town to use as residential land. There is an old crumbling runway that is clearly not used anymore. I've had zero luck contacting DJI.

Reactions: Kenneth Gundersen
I'm at old airport. No activity but still marked as an airport. I'm on the field now but not allowed for takeoff. I have contacted the airport managers and was allowed to fly, but my P3 dont take the risk [emoji13]
You could also revert software to a version before the no-fly zone...:):):):):):):):):)

DJI didn't make these no fly zones. Every airport has an marker on even road maps. If the FAA says it's an airport it is on the map. That doesn't mean the FAA keep this up to date. If you look at your car GPS you will find the same airports.

if you put foil on top of your phantom make sure you have a tracker on it.

DJI didn't make these no fly zones. Every airport has an marker on even road maps. If the FAA says it's an airport it is on the map. That doesn't mean the FAA keep this up to date. If you look at your car GPS you will find the same airports.
So DJI only puts American airports on the list? We have 3 very small airports within 50 km of where I live (Canada) and none of them show up as such on the DJI app.

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ozmtl