is it possible to do a intent.mid-flight roll with the fc40

Reaction score
Is it possible to do a in flight roll or flip with the phantom fc40? If so what are the controls that activate this?

Re: is it possible to do a intent.mid-flight roll with the f

Yes, it's definitely possible. You need to be in manual mode and be tolerant to crashing ;)

thanks for the answer. Ok , in the manual mode, then how to make it roll 360* right, on the controller stick?

jeffhall said:
thanks for the answer. Ok , in the manual mode, then how to make it roll 360* right, on the controller stick?

Um...Here's how below, but I want to caution that you really need to be extremely comfortable with manual mode flight, and carry a lot of height and momentum to pull it off. It's very easy to crash in manual without doing flips, and you can do some serious damage to your phantom if you mess up the controls/timing.

First, get some altitude. Like 100ft up. Drop the throttle to 0, at the same time pull full cyclic in the direction you want to flip, either right, left, front or back. It'll start to flip. I find it easier if I initiate at the apex of an ascent. As it starts to come around past 180, bring the throttle back up to recover hover/altitude, and reverse the cyclic to regain attitude.

The best way to practice this is topic the phantom away and get a mini multi, like a nano QX, which you can crash repeatedly without damage.

Hmmm...Thanks for the great info, it has been well noted. I need to have more time under my belt.

If you have to ask you're not ready!

Buy a 40 dollar Hubsan X4 107 and practice with that.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Pauos31