Welcome to PhantomPilots.com

Is it OK to recharge a battery even if it's not fully discharge ?

Discussion in 'Pro/Adv Discussion' started by INFINITI G37, Sep 25, 2015.

1. INFINITI G37

Hello there..

I tried to search for a similar thread with the same query but couldn't find any..

actually I found this topic " Recharging a partially discharged battery | DJI Phantom Forum " but didn't know which phantom is this..

anyhow..

My question is as the topic.. is it ok to recharge a battery even if it's not fully discharged, over and over ??

* I own a P3pro

Thank you

2. lotusteve

i fly my p3a down to between 10 and 20 percent.. then charge back up to full on the day i will be flying again. i think after 20 charges you need to drop the battery to 8 percent then do a full charge.
    steve.

3. RoyVa

It's ok to charge or even top off a lipo battery. No problems there. Just remember after a flight let the battery cool, before recharging. That will help to extend it's life. If your not going to use that battery for a few days leave it at 40-50 % charge. That's the best place for a lipo to set in a stored or non use charge.

4. TonG

The phantom batteries will discharge automatically after a few days to around 60/70% if you don't use them.

5. INFINITI G37

Thank you guys :)

6. StumbleBee

Actually, you can set the schedule. There's a drop down box on the battery condition screen where you can select 1 to 10 days. The discharge default is 10 days, but most 'experts' who are on the internet have suggested a shorter interval. I'm at 5 days. YMMV