Is it Normal for the DJI app to do this every time?

Reaction score
I think this is normal but I just want to make sure......I have had nothing but successful flights, always calibrate compass. When the controller first communicates with the drone the app comes up with a screen that has a whole list of goodies including compass calibration. Everything looks fine. Is this normal or is it trying to tell me I'm missing something?

Thanks!

Sent from my iPad using PhantomPilots

It's normal.

I think this is normal but I just want to make sure......I have had nothing but successful flights, always calibrate compass. When the controller first communicates with the drone the app comes up with a screen that has a whole list of goodies including compass calibration. Everything looks fine. Is this normal or is it trying to tell me I'm missing something?

Thanks!

Sent from my iPad using PhantomPilots
The general opinion here is that it's not really necessary to recalibrate the compass before every flight. Once you have a satisfactory compass calibration you don't need to re-do it until you travel a long distance away to fly (perhaps over 100 miles?) or after you have done a firmware update. You may also want to do it if you seem to have a problem which you think that a compass calibration, (along, perhaps, with other things), might remedy.

Reactions: ROD PAINTER
DJI actually now doesn't recommend compass calibration every time - only when there is a problem.

DJI actually now doesn't recommend compass calibration every time - only when there is a problem.
I don't think that dji have ever recommended calibrating every time for a P3, merely advising that you do it 'in every new flight location', whatever that might mean. :) Plus it might be necessary, of course, in the circumstances I have mentioned above.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hirehackers