Is it necessary to update TX an RX to latest when using Litchi?

Reaction score
As stated, my bird is on and older firmware 1.4 and have been using DJI go with 2.4.3. Not really sure what firmwhare the Tx is... Do i need to update to take advantage of Litchi?

Reactions: kyrvas
Litchi literature says so in several places. They also offer it as the most common solution in the faqs section. For what's it's worth.

Reactions: kyrvas
My bird is on 1.9 and the RC on 1.8 (if I remember right) litchi has been running just fine.

Last edited:
Test it out and see. My P3S was on old f/w and it wouldn't point on POI's at all. Mission would run fine but POI wouldn't work.

Did a test run today and everything seems to work fine. The only gripe was the p3p keeps asking for a "calibration" at every time i wanted to take off. After the calibration, everything was working just fine. Did two full flights and 1 RTH test. I see no need to update to latest firmware at this point.

Im new to Litchi and like it so far. But why the need to keep DJI Go for some users?

what are you calibrating each time? Consensus is that compass should not be calibrated each time before flying. If your bird is telling you to do so every time, may be something else wrong.

Sorry, "calibrate compass".... The gps dance.
As I said, something isn't right if you have to calibrate the compass everyr time you turn the bird on. Next time, before you try calibrating, go into sensors and check the compass readings and check where you have the bird setting when you turn it on. Compass calibration is normally very stable, rarely needing recalibrated.

Did a test run today and everything seems to work fine. The only gripe was the p3p keeps asking for a "calibration" at every time i wanted to take off. After the calibration, everything was working just fine. Did two full flights and 1 RTH test. I see no need to update to latest firmware at this point.

Im new to Litchi and like it so far. But why the need to keep DJI Go for some users?
The reason I run both apps is because I use Litchi for the autonomous features and DJI go for when I'm actually piloting. I don't trust litchi when it comes to piloting. Oddly enough I'll let litchi take my bird on a three mile "disconnected " mission. The Litchi app hasn't failed me yet. Although, I did recently crash. The follow me feature is great, but it won't detect an obstruction, 100% user error.

Sent from my SM-G930V using PhantomPilots mobile app

As stated, my bird is on and older firmware 1.4 and have been using DJI go with 2.4.3. Not really sure what firmwhare the Tx is... Do i need to update to take advantage of Litchi?
Thanks for asking this question; this was my question also. As jiggyb21 mentioned above, the Litchi help, states to update to latest DJI firmware. Therefore, I have hesitated to use Litchi, But after reading the other Litchi user responses, I think it's worth trying even though I have older DJI P3P firmware.

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Fimaj