Is it just me or with Firmware 1.6, batteries aren't auto discharging

Reaction score
I don't know if it's just me. Mine have been sitting for couple weeks haven't touched them and they still show full ?

Sent from my iPhone using PhantomPilots mobile app

How many days have they been sitting? What is your discharge setting set to in the DJI GO app? How often have you been checking them?

It depends on how many days the battery is set before discharge. I keep mine at two days I've gotten an extra battery out of the box and it was set to discharge after two weeks. Check that. I'm running the beta 1.7 but never had an issue with 1.6. The link below is from a guy who walks you thru battery settings. Just in case.

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

Sorry I should have clarified ... Mine are set on 10days .. And it's been 2 weeks ... I haven't touched them .. Still fully charged

Sorry I should have clarified ... Mine are set on 10days .. And it's been 2 weeks ... I haven't touched them .. Still fully charged

I couldn't tell you then. The only time it came into play was when i had to take a trip without my P3P. On my return (17 days) my batts discharged as expected. I was on 1.6

Maybe someone pushed the button accidentally at my place... Wife moved "my junk" into my office lol so probably just pushed it accidentally ha ha hav

By fully charged do you mean all 4 lights still solid? It will take a while to discharge low enough for the light to go off, if I'm not mistaken.

Yeah all 4 still solid !

I'm not experiencing this but some of my batteries don't reflect how many times they've been charged. Still showing 0.

My three are on 1.6 and seem to be discharging correctly after three days as set here.

I've never been totally convinced pressing the button to check does stop the countdown, but turning them on would do. It seems to be one of those things which has become accepted wisdom but never properly checked out.

My three are on 1.6 and seem to be discharging correctly after three days as set here.

I've never been totally convinced pressing the button to check does stop the countdown, but turning them on would do. It seems to be one of those things which has become accepted wisdom but never properly checked out.

I too have always been puzzled as to where "pressing the power button will stop the discharge timer" was stated as fact by DJI. However, it is stated in the following DJI web page for the P3Standard which I understand uses the same battery as the P3P and P3A. So, I suppose it must be correct for all P3s.

Phantom 3 Standard-Aircraft - DJI Wiki

I too have always been puzzled as to where "pressing the power button will stop the discharge timer" was stated as fact by DJI
This is a fact.

I too have always been puzzled as to where "pressing the power button will stop the discharge timer" was stated as fact by DJI. However, it is stated in the following DJI web page for the P3Standard which I understand uses the same battery as the P3P and P3A. So, I suppose it must be correct for all P3s.

Phantom 3 Standard-Aircraft - DJI Wiki
I don't believe it 'stops' the timer, but re-sets it. The battery will start to discharge again after the set days if you leave it alone.

I don't know if it's just me. Mine have been sitting for couple weeks haven't touched them and they still show full ?

Did you get a message from me?

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jody.paugh@fullerandsons.