Is it just me, or can you make money selling....

TRUE! EXAMPLE... Hunch is selling a P3P for $500 or best offer. This seller has the controller alone and it's already at $355 with almost 5 days to go! CRAZY.

true, but at the end of the day $1654 looks ok but take 10% off for ebay fees, another 3% for paypal fees (down to $1440), all the boxing, shipping, time and you are down to nothing unless you purchased a used one and stripped down.
let's not talk about stripping down a P3. it will take you 1+ hour.
not trying to discourage you from getting into this but you will soon find out all the ins and outs.
i get mine in and try to push them forward to help someone first and not to make a profit. i make my money fixing them.
in past couple months i sold 8 used P2s and 6 P3s. after i paid for shipping i broke even.. but guess what? happy customer at the end of the day.
it all depends how you look at it.
;)

Ya, I have no intentions of doing this. I'm far to lazy! Taking them apart, taking pictures, listing, packing, etc...

But if someone did, and bought those 2 P3P's you have, on the right day with their fingers crossed they might make a few dollars.

yeah it sure takes time.. trust me i know. :)
you're right specially if i offer "buy both get one for less" deal LOL!

Reactions: JamesD
You can't look at retail prices. Look at what stuff actually sells for.

$150 Battery
$200 controller
$400 body
$450 pro camera

That's $1,200 but ebay will take 10% and PayPal will take 3%. That leaves you with $1,044. All that math doesn't include the $ you'd spend on shipping either. PayPal and ebay charge you a % on that too. You would still have the props and charger to sell, but that wouldn't get you much. You could get creative and part out the copter for more, but by the time you're done, you'd be better off working the counter at the gas station. Time is money too.

Reactions: JamesD and hunch
Volume!
Volume!
Volume!

i sold my 8 times crashed p3p for 2k without props..

but again, thats only in my country.

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jrl