is it fully compatible with my phantom

Reaction score
Hello,

I don't understand something :
Notice: NAZA-M V1 and Phantom users need the PMU of NAZA-M V2.

Can someone explain that to me

thank you

geckodrop said:
Hello,

I don't understand something :

Can someone explain that to me

thank you

I take it you're referring to the Zenmuse Gimbal..

Yes,. it's compatible with your older Phantom or an other system running NAZA-M v1.
BUT, you need to spend an additional $69 to purchase a PMU module so that it will work.

jpz said:
how do I know if my phantom is V1 or V2? (without opening) :roll:

All stock Phantoms use the NAZA-M V1 flight control system. Not sure about the Phantom Vision (New as yet to be released product), but if you have a plain old (lol ... old by months) Phantom, it uses a NAZA-M V1. NAZA-M V2 is a new product.

-Y

UAVProducts has the PMU V2 for $65 shipped free. Got mine yesterday. Now just need the gimbal to ship!

geckodrop said:

I'm confused! If I attach the Zenmuse gimbal to the Phantom WITHOUT the PMU-V2, does it work at all or does it just prevent manual pitch control?

And if it's unusable without the PMU-V2, why is it described as "Plug & Play" when the PMU requires soldering for connection?

Can anyone assist please?

Thanks!

May be they should of used the term "solder and play".

DJI's interpretation of the meaning would appear to be that once it is installed it will play without the need to set it up by tweaking parameters.

Ali in Austria said:
May be they should of used the term "solder and play".

DJI's interpretation of the meaning would appear to be that once it is installed it will play without the need to set it up by tweaking parameters.
Yep, I'd agree with that...

So any thoughts re the first part of the question?

Thanks.

So any thoughts re the first part of the question?

The answer is : You cannot.

The Zenmuse gimbal comes with its own control module, which plugs into the Can-bus system of the PMU V2 for communication with the Naza M controller.

Sorry, but you have to spend the extra $65.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cokersean20