Is iPad ground station PC compatible?

Reaction score
Hi!

I'm a bit confused about the ground station.
Is the iPad ground station able to work with the PC version?
Reading the manuals it would seems so as the HW is the same.
I'm unsure if the PC version can just be downloaded or needs to be bought?

Also, WTF is it with DJI, where is the Android version of the app?
I have no plans on getting a iPad, but I do have a couple of android tablets, and a laptop will do just fine.

If you have the hardware for the iPad groundstation, you can use it on the PC by just downloading and installing the multiple parts from DJI's site: http://www.dji.com/product/pc-ground-station/download

The PC groundstation has been out for a year now, and the iPad version almost as long, and I haven't heard any noise from DJI in all that time even just suggesting there might be an Android version coming. When the P2V was released in Dec a lot of us were hoping that meant they were finally embracing the platform, but to this day there's still no sign of any GS on Android.

I didn't have any other cause to get an iDevice but I finally gave up waiting and bought a cheap used iPad mini for it.

You get the PC software on a CD with the GroundStation, but doesn't look as slick as the GUI does on the iPad, its very "windows98" !! but works the same.

Cool, clears a lot.

Android would be nice, but I can live with the PC version as I don't plan on using the ground station every time.
I'll probably be getting a Surface 3 pro after my bank account gets better from the p2+accessories shopping spree.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cokersean20